Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What you get in an eBay head gasket kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even with the kit there were a few gaskets I ended up having to go to Honda for. IACV and FITV gaskets are Honda and anything behind the oil pump will need to come from Honda also. Aside from that I have zero leaks anywhere on the engine.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      Even with the kit there were a few gaskets I ended up having to go to Honda for. IACV and FITV gaskets are Honda and anything behind the oil pump will need to come from Honda also. Aside from that I have zero leaks anywhere on the engine.
      when i usually do a headgasket, i only remove what is needed just to get the head off and the intake can be taking off as one piece which would mean i wouldn't even need the upper plenum gaskets.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        when i usually do a headgasket, i only remove what is needed just to get the head off and the intake can be taking off as one piece which would mean i wouldn't even need the upper plenum gaskets.
        The intake gaskets are included, so I figure why not replace those while I'm at it.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

If you're swapping the headgasket on an otherwise good engine then definitely. My experience with this kit was during a rebuild of a replacement engine that I didn't know the history on while also converting it to an F22A6 with parts original to the car. And the car was from some kid in Arkansas who threw a rod in it and wouldn't perform maintenance to save his life. So in my case EVERYTHING was replaced.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

So how has this gasket kit held up on the car?
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Mine has done great. I can say that it has even stood up to an overheat caused by non-functional fans. I bought the car non-running and apparently the previous owner broke a wire on the fan switch connector that I didn't catch when I pulled the engine to replace it with the rebuilt one. My fault, really, as I should have noticed it.

Anyway, I'd say I was pretty impressed with it. I even drilled out the rivets and removed three of the five layers. I used some copper spray as added insurance and it went strong until I parked the car to overhaul the body and interior.

Comment

Thats great! I have to replace the Fel-pro headgasket on my GF's coupe, it just leaks oil everywhere. My fault I suppose, should have used copper spray and new headbolts. Live and learn.

Thanks man
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

So far its holding up well in my black sedan other then I think the valve seals are leaking a bit. Other then that its doing great, so good I just bought another kit.

Comment

Working...
                  X