Problem..might be big or small

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem..might be big or small

Ok, i was driving towards my house in 1st gear got up prolly 4000rpms, start to go into 2nd and my 92ex dies on me, luckily i was only about 300ft from home so i managed to get out of traffic. I smelled something.. i'm gonna guess it was oil. which has me a little worried. Any ideas on what happened?

Originally posted by bean601
    Ok, i was driving towards my house in 1st gear got up prolly 4000rpms, start to go into 2nd and my 92ex dies on me, luckily i was only about 300ft from home so i managed to get out of traffic. I smelled something.. i'm gonna guess it was oil. which has me a little worried. Any ideas on what happened?
    so this was an all of a sudden problem? Need more details like does the car start? Any oil spills anywhere? Check under the distributor and right side of the engine. Could it be the timing belt?
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

It wont start, it's not electrical at all. Belts are all fine, appears to be some oil or fluid around the valve cover and again some under the motor.

Comment

plug the spark plug boots, sounds like oil in the spark plug hole to me

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yeah pull your spark plug wires from the spark plugs and see if you have oil on them....then look down the spark plug tubes and see if their is oil down in there.....is the car even cranking?

Comment

Yeah I would almost pust money on it that you have bad tube seals
            ProjectParty.net
            Putting an end to the question, "What's going on tonight?"

"This generation has this universal sense of failure" - Kurt D. Cobain

CLUB 1320

My FOR SALE thread...buy my ish

Comment

or your coil is dead, happened to my wife just the other day..
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                or your coil is dead, happened to my wife just the other day..
                same thing i was thinking but he has an external coil if its a 92 ex...the smell of the oil would maybe suggest that the distributor is leaking internally so its more likely to be the igniter...thats why i wanted him to check under the dizzy. For it to be so sudden i bet its something ignition related

Comment

just put a new ignitor in 2 or 3 weeks ago

Comment

Working...
                  X