08 Civic Si Muffler and Resonator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

08 Civic Si Muffler and Resonator

Well I found a deal I couldn't pass up. I found an 07' Civic Si Sedan Catback with muffler and B pipe w/ resonator w/ only 49k miles on it. I want to incorporate this onto my coupe somehow.

How would you guys fit this onto the CB chassis? I know the resonator will have to be relocated, most likely to the straight portion of the pipe. Or I might need a whole new B pipe made with the resonator welded on. I think the muffler might need to be extended a bit as well because when I tried test fitting it, it seemed short about 3-4 inches.

Resonator measures 5" diameter by 16" in length. Muffler is 12" long by 10" wide x 8" high. The tip even looks pretty sweet, fills the CB7 rear cutout nicely.

But here it is:

Last edited by Losiracer2; 03-05-2012, 06:02 AM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

I don't have much advice regarding the resonator, but Benjerman112 installed a Si exhaust (muffler only, I believe) onto his coupe (with an H22A4). You can probably PM him regarding fitment questions. He has a youtube video with the exhaust sound; I'll try and find it.

I personally installed a 2003 Civic Si muffler onto my car, and kept the original Accord resonator. The muffler is about 3-4 inches shorter than the original EX muffler, so it sticks out less (as you can see in the video). That said, welding in new hangers and a flange wasn't a big problem at all. The sound is barely louder than the stock EX muffler, and it adds an angry bark just off idle.

=> Long story short, the muffler itself can be easily installed by a muffler shop. The Si resonator wasn't needed in my case, and I don't think you'd see much benefit by replacing a stock Accord one with it.

My installation: (EP3 Civic Si muffler with stock Accord catalytic converter, midpipe, and resonator)

Benjerman112: (2008 Civic Si muffler bolted to H22A4, not sure about resonator)
    Last edited by Nurega; 03-05-2012, 06:21 AM.
    Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
    2005 Acura TSX 6MT
    2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
      I don't have much advice regarding the resonator, but Benjerman112 installed a Si exhaust (muffler only, I believe) onto his coupe (with an H22A4). You can probably PM him regarding fitment questions. He has a youtube video with the exhaust sound; I'll try and find it.

I personally installed a 2003 Civic Si muffler onto my car, and kept the original Accord resonator. The muffler is about 3-4 inches shorter than the original EX muffler, so it sticks out less (as you can see in the video). That said, welding in new hangers and a flange wasn't a big problem at all. The sound is barely louder than the stock EX muffler, and it adds an angry bark just off idle.

=> Long story short, the muffler itself can be easily installed by a muffler shop. The Si resonator wasn't needed in my case, and I don't think you'd see much benefit by replacing a stock Accord one with it.

My installation: (EP3 Civic Si muffler with stock Accord catalytic converter, midpipe, and resonator)

Benjerman112: (2008 Civic Si muffler bolted to H22A4, not sure about resonator)
      yeah i remember you posted this info in my RSX muffler thread lol.

The problem is, I'm selling my RSR EX Mag, so I won't have an accord mid pipe to connect to so I'll need to figure out how to incorporate this resonator, because without it, it'll sound ricey for sure.

member's ride thread
      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post

The problem is, I'm selling my RSR EX Mag, so I won't have an accord mid pipe to connect to so I'll need to figure out how to incorporate this resonator, because without it, it'll sound ricey for sure.
        You definitely want to run a resonator, and you might as well use that one. I think you will be able to use that straight part of that exhaust but not much else.

Comment

Use just the muffler and just the resonator. Cut both the bitches off and weld them to custom bent pipe.

Problem solved.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

nice

i have a 08 civic non-si rear section on my cb coupe i had all new pipe done from the header back n the muffler needed new hangers welded to it ill post close ups on my page asap,

Comment

Is the muffler filled with water??Or is there some trippy optical illusion?

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                Is the muffler filled with water??Or is there some trippy optical illusion?
                Thats some trippy Jedi mind trickery there. No its not filled with water lol. Its the tip of the muffler, optical illusion?

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I'll be willing to do this as long as it won't cost me more than 300 total. I have a 100 invested in the civic catback right now. Think i could get a pipe made, welded up and hangars attached for under 200?

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Thats some trippy Jedi mind trickery there. No its not filled with water lol. Its the tip of the muffler, optical illusion?
                    LoL yeah, it doesnt look like its just a hole, like theres water in it, thought maybe you were looking for leaks ah well must be me ive been up like 22 hours now

Comment

Kai, if you can't get pipe welded and hung for under $200....we're in trouble lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                        Kai, if you can't get pipe welded and hung for under $200....we're in trouble lol.
                        yeah I was hoping to get this done for 200 total. If they charge me around 200, i'm definitely getting a second quote

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

oh, my apologies! I didn't remember if that was your thread from before.

Welding the system in should easily cost less than $200. I recommend taking the entire exhaust system (without cutting it up) to an honest muffler-shop guy and having him cut/weld it in. Once they get it up on a lift, they should be able to cut it to size with the proper flanges.
                          Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                          2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                          2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Would you be willing to provide some ID (internal) measurements of the piping?

I miss my 07' 4DR Si, and would certainly like to have a stock Si muffler/res on my H22 CB if I could find one. I don't want anything less than 2" ID though and I fear it would be.

Preferably (beggars can be choosers?) - ID/OD piping and ID of the muffler section in and ID of the muffler tip out.

Thanks so much in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by noahrexion View Post
                              Would you be willing to provide some ID (internal) measurements of the piping?

I miss my 07' 4DR Si, and would certainly like to have a stock Si muffler/res on my H22 CB if I could find one. I don't want anything less than 2" ID though and I fear it would be.

Preferably (beggars can be choosers?) - ID/OD piping and ID of the muffler section in and ID of the muffler tip out.

Thanks so much in advance!
                              I know the ID inlet of the muffler is 50mm, so about 1.98"...I'll have to check the other dimensions

member's ride thread
                              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                              X