Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intake burp when you cut your car off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake burp when you cut your car off...

You know what im referring to, when you shut your car off and the intake releases a small amount of air through the intake that mimics a burp. Ive search and havent found squat about it, who knows what causes it. Ive had two accords and they both did this. Until recently my recent accord stopped doing it, seems i got better fuel milage before it stopped doing the burp. Now when we cut the car off theres nothing, no burp, nothing. Anyone know?

mine does this too, i just figured it had to do with aftermarket intake..Inquiring minds would like to know

Comment

mine also does it but i thought its just the valves closing. or compression getting out

Comment

I figured it was just pushing out air that isn't needed.
        cb7sk8rdude

Comment

ive never heard a car burp

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
          sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
          bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

maybe it is the vacuum inside the intake manifold equalizing?
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

well the engine makes compression when the pistons go up and down. Once you stop the spark and fuel there isn't anymore combustion and the explosions inside the cylinders stop, so its probably from when the intake valves are opening right as the engine is shutting off and the air getting pushed back through the intake manifold

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                well the engine makes compression when the pistons go up and down. Once you stop the spark and fuel there isn't anymore combustion and the explosions inside the cylinders stop, so its probably from when the intake valves are opening right as the engine is shutting off and the air getting pushed back through the intake manifold
                that's exactly what i was thinking but couldn't explain it

Comment

My car did this too after i installed a SRI! My friends always said that it was a sigh of relief from the car after i was done driving it hahaha
                  Originally posted by Quashish
                  Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
                  Quashish dictionary
                  Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
                  To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

One of only a few things I miss about my CB. My CG doesnt "burp". :/

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Mine doesn't burp, but I can hear the engine sucking in air for a few seconds after I kill the car.
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Working...
                      X