Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Got a Problem. (video)

Read First Please
    I have Couple of problems on my Prelude and a need some help. When my engine warms up after going through the surging idle stage it stops surging, but when the engine is fully warmed up 100%, the RPM drops about 500 rpm. My oil light flashes and sometimes the engine dies or wants to die and doesn't want to start until a wait when it does die. I have cleaned the IACV but have not cleaned the FITV. The car runs fine most of the time could the oil light be oil pressure sensor covered with too much oil? the motor has more oil than it needs right now because the prev owner overfilled it. Don't know if you saw on the video but when the motor stalled and CEL went on.

Videos
    (Sorry for the crappy quality)

Any help id Appreciated Thank you.

start with pulling the codes, and i would replace the oil pump just for a piece of mind since its going crazy, to prevent damage. but pull the codes and go from there

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
      start with pulling the codes, and i would replace the oil pump just for a piece of mind since its going crazy, to prevent damage. but pull the codes and go from there
      ok thanks i will be doing it tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
        It may not be the pump if you have low oil pressure. Here is an ETCG video about oil pressure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8f2fcbTh5yw

I'd pull the codes and fix those issues first, then actually check your oil pressure using a tester gauge.

Comment

^thank you

Comment

Working...
          X