car sounds like a diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car sounds like a diesel

i have a 1991 honda accord with only 54000 miles and newer oem exhaust and my car sounds like a diesel when it is idling it is kind of not that loud kind of sounds like a diesel truck should i sell it what do u think is wrong i know it is not the exhaust b/c the sound is coming from the engine area
    Last edited by abdulmo86; 03-22-2005, 08:29 PM.

Aftermath of crash.

Could be the valves tapping loudly. I'd say take it to a trusted shop and have a valve adjustment done if that's the problem.

little but 51k miles? WOAH someone got a cream puff
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

damn man, thats a mint accord if you only got 54xxx...wish i had that many miles check what pwr said and also make sure you dont have any exhaust leaks which might make it louder and such
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

wow it can be that the head its not getting enough oil.
        OR
        when u say exaust do u mean the whole exaust system. because if they remove the exaust piping from the 4 pipes become 2 then <<<<<there is ur problem ur car will run rough. in the car it will feel like a race car.

but if it runs like a dissel engine then it has to be the valves
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
          Could be the valves tapping loudly. I'd say take it to a trusted shop and have a valve adjustment done if that's the problem.

little but 51k miles? WOAH someone got a cream puff
          i will take it tommorow i think thats what iti is my accord is not really mint it has rust on both rear quarters other than that it is mint thanks for all the help and all the good comments

Aftermath of crash.

Comment

Cool mang! Glad to have another member abord the CB7 boat
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

youd be crazy to sell a baby with 54 on her.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by abdulmo86
                i will take it tommorow i think thats what iti is my accord is not really mint it has rust on both rear quarters other than that it is mint thanks for all the help and all the good comments
                everybody who gets snow gets rust on the rear quarters ... it's like a right of passage

...but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it was your exhaust - my old 87 jetta had a flange rot off... man you could hear that shit for miles

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

they are when you dont have em.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

yea, my co-worker had a datsun truck, like mid 80's with only 86k, problem is. since it doesnt have that many miles, the engine has been sitting for a long time. his car doesnt start now because the valves need to be adjusted.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                    X