help please steering problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please steering problem

Well the problem is that the wheel starts off straight while going straight, then depending on the way i turn the wheel, the wheel stays to that side but the car continues to go straight...it's almost like the wheel is loose and slipping...i hoped i explained it well enough... very hard to describe..
    .:JDM H22A POWERD CB7:.

<<<RePn<PhX>aZ>>>

hehe so if u go straight the wheel is always at a offset angle huh...

you can solve this by doing it ghetto and taking off the steering wheel and put it back so its straight or get it alighed and they will do some adjustment but i forgo what.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i think it is more of a problem that taht though.. it starts off straight then lets say if i turn the wheel right, it is offset torwards the right..than as soon as i make a left turn it goes back to straight or a lil offset to the left....

<<<RePn<PhX>aZ>>>

Comment

I have the same problem. My steering wheel is ALWAYS offset to the left. If I do straighten out the wheel, it starts veering to the right. How can i fix this? I have to go get my wheels aligned and they would fix it? How much would that cost about?

Comment

91 and i97 u guys have two different problems.

91 u should take the car to a mechanic. because u have play in the steering system. that is bad man. very bad

i97 u can do a aligment and those guys are gona fix it for u.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordtuner
            Well the problem is that the wheel starts off straight while going straight, then depending on the way i turn the wheel, the wheel stays to that side but the car continues to go straight...it's almost like the wheel is loose and slipping...i hoped i explained it well enough... very hard to describe..
            I got that problem too. I was told it's my steering rack and pinion.

Comment

Originally posted by MenaceAccord92
              I got that problem too. I was told it's my steering rack and pinion.
              bingo. u get the prize my friend.
              my dad rebuilds them at cordone industries. he says its a bitch to rebuild them without the right tools.
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

well i looked under my car when my buddy turned the wheel and the whole rack and pinion was moving when turning the wheel. i amd missing a bolt alowing the whole rack to shift .....

<<<RePn<PhX>aZ>>>

Comment

Working...
                X