Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold start Idle issues after P12 install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold start Idle issues after P12 install.

I have a problem with my Idle going up and down until warm-up. Yes I replaced the FITV with a new one from the dealer! Is there any fix or do I need to live with this if I want to run the P12?
    91 Accord LX 5-speed
    93 Accord LX 5-speed

My p12 runs fine on my a4, I would try spraying a flammable spray around your
    vacuum lines to check for a vacuum leak of any kind.
    My work in progress!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990exr View Post
      My p12 runs fine on my a4, I would try spraying a flammable spray around your
      vacuum lines to check for a vacuum leak of any kind.
      Not sure if it makes a difference, but my P12 came out of an Automatic and I have a manual. I dont have the problem with my stock ECU? I will take your suggestion though.

It only acts up until warm-up then it is smooth as a kitten.
      91 Accord LX 5-speed
      93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by HelmHoltz View Post
        Not sure if it makes a difference, but my P12 came out of an Automatic and I have a manual. I dont have the problem with my stock ECU? I will take your suggestion though.

It only acts up until warm-up then it is smooth as a kitten.
        Lol, you answered my question. Yes, that is exactly your issue. When I installed my auto PT6 into my manual A1, I had idle issues, both at cold start and at lights. The idle also "stepped down" from 1k to 750 RPMs when I drive around. I even noticed a mpg drop as well.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
          Lol, you answered my question. Yes, that is exactly your issue. When I installed my auto PT6 into my manual A1, I had idle issues, both at cold start and at lights. The idle also "stepped down" from 1k to 750 RPMs when I drive around. I even noticed a mpg drop as well.
          Well then I will need to keep checking Pick-in-Pull weekly and grab a P12. The go very quick once the Prelude hits the ground. Most of the preludes are SI versions.
          91 Accord LX 5-speed
          93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by HelmHoltz View Post
            Well then I will need to keep checking Pick-in-Pull weekly and grab a P12. The go very quick once the Prelude hits the ground. Most of the preludes are SI versions.
            They tend to go fairly quickly around here too.
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

It is also possible to convert an auto ecu to a manual ecu, as long as you're able to solder and have the proper tools. Just look up p12 auto to manual conversion. I've read a little bit about this and the info I've read says that it's just as easy as converting a p13 from auto to manual, if it is an auto ecu it should have a jumper at rp11 and manual needs to have it at rp12.
              My work in progress!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990exr View Post
                It is also possible to convert an auto ecu to a manual ecu, as long as you're able to solder and have the proper tools. Just look up p12 auto to manual conversion. I've read a little bit about this and the info I've read says that it's just as easy as converting a p13 from auto to manual, if it is an auto ecu it should have a jumper at rp11 and manual needs to have it at rp12.
                Wow I will look at the ecu tonight! Thanks Found it! http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/...1P13AutoManual

Most Auto Ecus have a jumper at RP11 and have a blank space at RP12. Move RP11 to RP12 and you now have a Manual ECU. Here a closeup of the JDM Jumper configuration: Auto Jumpers

R96, C49 and R82 seem to be related to some Auto trans controls but can be left in place.

Some ECUs (Like the JDM P13-900) have resistors in both places. You can just remove both of them and replace RP12 with a jumper wire.

This applies to all ECUs that share the same board (P11, P12, P13, P14 and P39)

http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/pub/...-resistors.jpg

Update: Moved jumper runs amazing, idle issue is solved. Thanks for the help.
                Last edited by HelmHoltz; 08-06-2012, 11:45 PM.
                91 Accord LX 5-speed
                93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Working...
                X