p12 comp question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p12 comp question

So I'm looking at getting a p12 comp for my f22a1, and this msg was sent to me by a seller of a comp, I just want a answer if this msg he sent me is true, i always thought a p12 was plug and play, also it's a manual p12, which will be going into auto accord...

This is the msg--->

Hey,

Just wanted to let you know, in order for the p12 I have to work properly with your auto tranny iy needs to be converted to an auto, if you can solder, it's as easy as moving a resister from rp12 to rp 11

Are you seriously saying "comp" for computer? Just call it by its correct term, an ECU, and you don't have to worry about sounding cool.

There is a difference between the automatic P12 and the manual one. This is the case for all Honda ECUs. At least the ones that are OBD1. Either do what he described to avoid idle issues or find an automatic P12. This issue has been covered many times here before.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
      So I'm looking at getting a p12 comp for my f22a1, and this msg was sent to me by a seller of a comp, I just want a answer if this msg he sent me is true, i always thought a p12 was plug and play, also it's a manual p12, which will be going into auto accord...

This is the msg--->

Hey,

Just wanted to let you know, in order for the p12 I have to work properly with your auto tranny iy needs to be converted to an auto, if you can solder, it's as easy as moving a resister from rp12 to rp 11
      First time I heard of this? so there is a resistor that can be moved? I have two P12 ECM for Auto and I have a Manual.

update: moved the jumper, runs amazing.
      Last edited by HelmHoltz; 08-06-2012, 11:42 PM.
      91 Accord LX 5-speed
      93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Working...
      X