A/c blower motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/c blower motor

So ever since I had my a/c charged back in April my fan speed seems to have dropped alot (meaning you could feel the current In the back seat and now you can't feel a whole lot just sitting in the drivers seat and passages seat also sometimes it won't even turn on. Others it will, it feels pretty powerful wen it was out of the car. What should I do next?

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Did you clean out the outside of you evaporate? Its what your fan blows air through. They get clogged up with leaves and stuff after time.
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

if its not blowing air like it used to and it sometimes doesnt come on, i would suggest getting a new blower motor. sounds like its starting to go bad, possibly a resistor.
      Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

Comment

Check this out.

Comment

Decided to drop the blower motor out pretty easy with some directions. It had mostly dust in there and deteriating foam on the doors and such. Sat the whole unit in my door well and plugged it in and it seems to work doors and all. But what I found out is though it feels
          Strong out of the car on the highest speed it still feels like mid speed in the car the evap looked silver and Shiney with nothing I could see blocking it . And after I went through the speeds and turned it off for a split second then back to speed 1 it moved 2 mm then stopped and wouldn't move throughout the rest unless I taped the case. It doesn't happen all the time like that but sometimes I wll have to bump the case. This just started about 3 weeks ago intermittent

Am I looking at the resister or the fan motor?

Do it once, do it right.
          Missing My
          Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Originally posted by schierholz View Post
            Decided to drop the blower motor out pretty easy with some directions. It had mostly dust in there and deteriating foam on the doors and such. Sat the whole unit in my door well and plugged it in and it seems to work doors and all. But what I found out is though it feels
            Strong out of the car on the highest speed it still feels like mid speed in the car the evap looked silver and Shiney with nothing I could see blocking it . And after I went through the speeds and turned it off for a split second then back to speed 1 it moved 2 mm then stopped and wouldn't move throughout the rest unless I taped the case. It doesn't happen all the time like that but sometimes I wll have to bump the case. This just started about 3 weeks ago intermittent

Am I looking at the resister or the fan motor?
            It could be either. If the resistor is gone you would have only one speed. I have never taken one off but could you see any burned marks for the resistor? As for the motor, if it's dirty and not lube, you might have that. Or busted bearing, it might not spin.
            Got any pics taking the blower off? I want to clean the evaporator, it's problem full of junk in there.

Comment

Yeah when I pulled it out this is what its like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nns6PG9qEJs

Im guessing the bearing Is/Has failed

And my heater core ? and A/C line

Should I go J.y or a new motor ?

Do it once, do it right.
              Missing My
              Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Go new
                A&P-IA

Comment

If you could find one that has been replaced at the JY, go new. The work is a PITA, so go new. Or you could clean and lube then turn the fan to see how it sounds. It could be a burn motor from sticking fins.

Comment

Working...
                  X