Rear motor mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear motor mount

My cb9 has a bad shake, but only in reverse. Yes it's automatic. I read somewhere that it has some weird set up for the rear motor mount that would cause this. Is there any simple way to fix this?

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
    My cb9 has a bad shake, but only in reverse. Yes it's automatic. I read somewhere that it has some weird set up for the rear motor mount that would cause this. Is there any simple way to fix this?
    There's a vacuum valve, similar to the IAB valve, that's hooked to the mount. The hoses could be bad, the valve could be bad, hoses disconnected, or the mount has failed.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Well, I had rebuilt the entire suspension, and replaced the power steering rack, so there's a good chance I broke the line, I've just noticed it getting worse. It's fine in drive, or park. Guess I need to get it on the lift soon and look. Is there any way to bypass the vacume line? And dose it have anything to do with the charcole canister, because it has a broken nipple and I capped the line.

Comment

They're independent of each other. Don't necessarily assume you damaged it, though. They just fail with age so commonly. Especially if the car has had transmission problems as well.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

never had any tranny problems I know of. i do know its annoying and I need to fix it. it sounds like my exhaust is rattling off, so I ricer pat the gas like Iam reving up a 5sp in reverse so it dosent do it. if Iam on the throttle , it dosent shake

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
            never had any tranny problems I know of. i do know its annoying and I need to fix it. it sounds like my exhaust is rattling off, so I ricer pat the gas like Iam reving up a 5sp in reverse so it dosent do it. if Iam on the throttle , it dosent shake
            How's your front mount? When I had a mild shake and it's worse in reverse. I replaced the front mount and put inserts in and the shake is gone.

Comment

It appears to be good, but since it's easy to get to, Ill try that first.

Comment

Working...
              X