motor mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor mounts?

I have a 93 ex coupe with a H22a now 3 of my mounts a fu#%ed (front, driver side and back) now I want to know if I'd have to pull my engine to replace the rear mount and if so would that Intel getting my ecu re-tuned

And I was wondering if anyone knew about how much it would cost on average and if you know of a good shop to go to for it I'm in the western Washington area.

I'm going to call around tomorrow, everywhere is closed right now and I'm kinda stressing about it so any info will be greatly appreciated

You don't pull the motor, you can get the back out just unbolt it and wiggle it out. It's not the easiest but can be done. For the side I would just support the motor with a jack.

Comment

Good I did not want to go through that mine should be pretty ez to get off then because the bracket is ripped in half I'll post a pic in a few and the mounts arent too expencive and what about has port mounts....I heard solid mounts are shakier but how so..like the steering wheel or what?

Comment

Why would a mount replacement require a re-tune? Do you even have a tunable ECU?

You can fill your own mounts if you want solid. Save some money. You will feel much greater vibration inside the car. The steering wheel will shake, the car will vibrate...

and Intel makes computer chips. The word you meant was "entail"... just being a grammar nazi.

Comment

i was thinking if i had to pull me motor it may be possible and yes i have a chipped p28. so i should just go get some oem mounts then? and i nee a new rear bracket as you can see

Comment

The mounts just hold the engine in place. It's like when buying a new belt to hold your pants up. You don't have to re-learn how to use the toilet!

But yes, OEM is always the best choice, though pricey. Aftermarket can be good, or it can be crap. Filling a used OEM mount can be effective, if you don't mind the vibration. If you're not looking to squeeze every last ounce of performance from your car, expensive aftermarket performance mounts would be a waste of money, IMO.

Comment

ok thanks devv

Comment

Working...
              X