Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 problems

ok so i have 2 problems and i would like people's opinions on

A) whenever i start my car, the thing idles at 1800 (i feel this is too high). It will do this even after my car is warmed up.<what i mean is: lets say my car is warmed up and i turned it off- 20mins later i can restart it and it still idles high.............some1 told me that hondas have cold starting cams?-i have no clue whether thats true or not.

B) my buddy just got done a new motor swap on his old tranny- the problem is he can't go above 3500rpm- what do you think the problem most likely is?

THANKS

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

.....anyone?

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

A) adjust the idle screw see if that works

B) maybe a tranny computer problem

Comment

Eacv - the idle valve that is controlled by engine coolant temperature, that would be my first guess

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

ok thanks guys

Midwest car club

Current rides:
          91 accord lx (5spd)
          92 accord lx (5spd)
          93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

id check the tention on the accelerator cable, if its too tight then its raising the idle...it should deflect about a few mm..or kinda tight, but it shouldnt pull the throttle plate pulley.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

1. maybe u gotta open the top of the Fast Idle valve and tighten up the plastic valve seat inside. or like previously mentioned my other members -- check the throttle linkage to see if it is too tight. check the idle adjustment screw. check your radiator fluid or coolant level (may have an effect on the Idle Air Control Valve and the Fast Idle Thermo valve). is there a CheckEngine light on?

2. does your friend have a CheckEngine light on? ECU could be in "limp" mode. also, have him check his plugs to see if all are burning well and check the gap on his plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by repherence1
                1. maybe u gotta open the top of the Fast Idle valve and tighten up the plastic valve seat inside. or like previously mentioned my other members -- check the throttle linkage to see if it is too tight. check the idle adjustment screw. check your radiator fluid or coolant level (may have an effect on the Idle Air Control Valve and the Fast Idle Thermo valve). is there a CheckEngine light on?

2. does your friend have a CheckEngine light on? ECU could be in "limp" mode. also, have him check his plugs to see if all are burning well and check the gap on his plugs.
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                X