No announcement yet.

f22a1 an interference engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't have to remove the rocker assembly to seat the valves. If you loosen the adjusters all the way the rocker arms won't make contact with the cam.
    It is worth a try I have had quit a few come in to the shop with broken belts and they managed to not bend the
    Valves. This trick (if you want to call it that) saved the customer a lot of money and down time.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Do you know for a fact it completely broke? I was doing 55mph and mine just messed up a few teeth on the belt and it didnt bend any valves. I got very very lucky. I would try the "trick" noted above. I think a head gasket alone is about $60.00 or so.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

why would you adjust the valves all the way out? why not just take the cam cage off? cause then you dont have to go through and adjust all the valves again later.

Comment

Yes you would. The proper sequence for removing the rocker assembly is to first loosen all the valve adjusters before you start removing the bolts. According to Honda if you don't you might bend valves. And even if you didn't you would still need to adjust the valves after you reinstalled the rocker assembly.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

just be thankful you don't have a vw/audi 20v. ive seen all the valves bend and they are about 8-10 dollars a piece.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              just be thankful you don't have a vw/audi 20v. ive seen all the valves bend and they are about 8-10 dollars a piece.
              Could bent valves have caused other damage as well, like nicks in the pistons or such? Or does this not really every happen due to timing belts breaking, and only if the valves break? I would think that if a valve is bent, make sure you inspect everything thoroughly.

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                Could bent valves have caused other damage as well, like nicks in the pistons or such? Or does this not really every happen due to timing belts breaking, and only if the valves break? I would think that if a valve is bent, make sure you inspect everything thoroughly.
                Yes it is a good idea to look at the pistons. If there is a nick or sharp spot on the face of the piston it will cause hot spots and that is never good. Also depending on how bad the valves are bent you need to have the valve guides inspected to.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  Yeah And on the VR6 you have to pull the transmission to replace the chain. Well the lower chain anywase.Fun fun.
                  Last edited by vh22accord; 11-04-2012, 12:03 PM.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Working...
                  X