oil light is blinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil light is blinking

i was coming around an on ramp kinda fast and the oil light came on and started flashing... i drove home turned off the engine and turned it back on and it never came back on until i hadto hit the breaks hard and then it came on a again and flashed.. did the same thing turned it off and didnt come back on.. but did it again when i went around a tight turn again.. whats up??? anyone..??

check your oil level.. mine did it a few times when I would take sweeping left turns. after I changed the oil and made sure there was enough... hasnt had a problem.

Comment

ok i thought that might be it but i was just making sure... i have to change my oil anyway.. thanx

Comment

i thought it was primarily a pressure light

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          low oil, low pressure
          but i have had my light flash/stay constant and then check the oil level to see that i am not even less than a quart low

could that be a sign of a bad oil pump/oil pressure regulator?

Comment

The light coming on going fast around the corner happens from time to time if the oil is starting to get a bit low and splashes around. The oil splashes to the side and doesn't get sucked up for a second or two causing temporary oil pressure loss so the sensor thinks there's no oil. The stock oil pan doesn't have baffles to prevent the oil from sloshing around.

Comment

ime, i had 0 oil on dipstick and light still never came up. i immediately went to buy 1-2 quarts.
              hahahahah

Comment

Working...
              X