smells like gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smells like gas

i've been getting this gas smell inside my car, when the windows are all rolled up and everything. it gets worse when i turn the vents on.

any ideas? i dont wanna blow up if i light a cig or something.

Well, it sounds like the smell is coming from under the hood. The vents blow air from under the hood I believe. You may be leaking gas. Check your fuel delivery system, make sure the bolts are tightened to specs, and you may need to replace your fuel injector seals.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

no idea how to check any of that, is there any easy way to do this without spending a fortune?

Comment

Originally posted by jboyce
        no idea how to check any of that, is there any easy way to do this without spending a fortune?
        well, the fuel filter is mounted on the firewall, down and to the left of the intake manifold. you could take it to a jiffy lube and tell them you think you might have a gas leak and if they could take a look at it for you. one of the lines may be loose. if they say your fuel filter is f'ed up, they'll quote you like 50-60 bucks to change it. if they say it's not, then ask about what other things it could be.
        -'93 Accord EX 5-speed F22A6
        -DIY mesh grill, DIY stealth intake

Comment

Working...
        X