Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C Compressor Bypass : 93 LX

Hi all,

I took a drive out to Roseville a while ago and as I was getting off the freeway, I noticed a really nasty smell coming from my A/C vents and smoke coming from under the hood. My first thought was some sort of cooling system error, but upon closer inspection, I figured out that the A/C compressor had failed.

I'm currently on the hunt for a replacement, but it's winter and the cost doesn't seem worth it right now. So, I've decided to bypass it in the mean time. The reason being, is it makes a horrid noise from running dry. I don't want to continue driving and have that bearing seize up on me.

My question is: Would I be able to use a DX belt with no issues? Or is this going to have to be a trail and error thing? Any shared experience with this or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Gabe
    Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
    The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

I have not done it before, but i imagine that there is no problem with running the DX belt for just the alternator until you get a new compressor.

it won't affect the climate control, you just won't be able to use the A/C (im sure you knew that )

the only problem is how extensive the damage is in the A/C system. if it's bad enough then you might have a large and expensive project on your hands.

Good luck!

-Kyle
    <-- MRT

Comment

Bypass belt is def. a good idea. You may already have your measurements and or PN's but my Honda a/c'less DX belt is a Bando 5pk956 31110-pt0-004 and is 38 1/8" outer circumference. Obviously this measurement would/could only apply if you're using all F22AX components like the crank pulley + stock alt pulley for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
        Bypass belt is def. a good idea. You may already have your measurements and or PN's but my Honda a/c'less DX belt is a Bando 5pk956 31110-pt0-004 and is 38 1/8" outer circumference. Obviously this measurement would/could only apply if you're using all F22AX components like the crank pulley + stock alt pulley for example.
        Yeah the motor is bone stock. im gonna start with thr DX belt and go bigger or smaller from there. Shouldnt be too tough. Just gotta wait till the rain stops
        Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
        The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Working...
        X