Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra belt on new crankshaft pulley, usable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra belt on new crankshaft pulley, usable?

My crank pulley is loose so I just picked up a used one from a shop they said it fits but… say where the alt belt hooks up there's a place for a extra belt and then the p/s pulley… so there's like 2 separate places I can run the alternator belt and then a single p/s pulley… did they give me a 94-97 pulley or what? Can I still use this? I haven't even made it back to my car yet but I know mine only has one place for the alt belt and one place for the p/s belt. All junkyards no longer have this stuff and this is the only shop I can get cb parts from:/
    4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

why are you using such nickname, could you please change it

Comment

Originally posted by EsperHamid View Post
      why are you using such nickname, could you please change it

He is a free man. He can name himself whatever he want's.

ANYWAY, it's the belt for the A/C pump probably. Don't mind it, you can run with it.
      Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

sounds like you have a wrong pulley. the main hoop is for the alternator and A/C, the secondary hoop is for power steering.
        This is the same for pretty much any inline 4 honda. besides the EDM,JDM variants out there that had electronic power steering (F20B Vtec) theyll have a single hoop crank pulley.

the difference between them all are the diameter and belt groove count.
        So.. you have 2 belt hoops and sometimes just one. 5 belt grooves or 4 (maybe more or less) if you go aftermarket thats a whole other thing but similar..
        the cd5 pulleys will work, they just have timing marks on the pulley since theres no view hole for the flywheel.

h22a

f22a
        Last edited by illinois_erik; 07-29-2014, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the name to anyone who is offended but it's really my real life nickname I've been called for 10yrs, not by choice but it stuck like glue. Lol:/… anyone who knows me calls me Bin for short. Come to my town and u can find me by this name, only my parents and old relatives call me by my real name… love me or leave me! Lol

The receipt I got with the pulley ses it's from a 90 accord and has 4 belt grooves for each belt I see(now that u mention) and my car of course has 5 grooves, what a piss off!

Comment

Originally posted by Binladin View Post
            Sorry for the name to anyone who is offended but it's really my real life nickname I've been called for 10yrs, not by choice but it stuck like glue. Lol:/… anyone who knows me calls me Bin for short. Come to my town and u can find me by this name, only my parents and old relatives call me by my real name… love me or leave me! Lol

The receipt I got with the pulley ses it's from a 90 accord and has 4 belt grooves for each belt I see(now that u mention) and my car of course has 5 grooves, what a piss off!
            you can still run a 4 groove belt in a 5 groove pulley, just a little ghetto but itll be alright..im in a dilemma my own because my h22a pulley is chipped on the p/s pulley..which id imagine would unbalance it. but the 50mm hex is part of the p/s pulley, the f22a ones i have have the 50mm hex in the main pulley so i could shave off the p/s hook but the main hoop is a lot smaller than the h's..and I dont run p/s..so yeah lol. look on the main hoop, if you see notches on the edge then its definitely an obd2 pulley so 94 up..

Comment

I took it back and got the 5 grove pulley instead of having to buy a new belt/s too and I like my power steering and not running it ghetto. Lol… figuring my electric mastercraft maximum impact gun wasn't up to the job, I ran around town for 2hrs looking for the actual pulley holder tool wit no luck so I got a 50mm nut to weld a bar to as a backup but the impact worked after I held it on for like 1-2mins.

Weird… My old one looks like the h22 pulley and my new/used one is the f22 in the pictures.

Comment

Working...
              X