ambient exhaust smell (i think) in interior while driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ambient exhaust smell (i think) in interior while driving

whats up y'all. here fairly recently, right when i start off driving and for a while after, i smell what seems like an ambient exhaust smell inside the cabin of the car. its hard to realize, but i believe after a while it is gone, but its hard to notice, any body ever heard of such a thing happening???

by the way, one thing to note smells on both the recirculating air option and the suck in from outside option.

thanx to any and all info!!!

i dont really know, i sounds weird, but for the most part it sounds like a simple exhaust leak, is the car any louder? or raspier sounding? check all the bolts in ur exhaust system and look for any holes.

Comment

I smell gas in my car once in a while. It's probably a bad thing, but I just ignore it and hope it goes away.
      1992 Accord EX-R

Comment

WHOAAA gas in the car is not something u just ignore buddy, u gotta get that checked out, i hope u dont smoke in ur car or drive near any campfires, wooo

Comment

Probably a hole in your flex pipe, or anywhere along ur exhaust system. If that is the case, hit me up I have an extra flex pipe for sale.

Comment

yea def gas smell in car= very bad...i wouldn't drive 1 mile like that lol. and about the exhaust problem....u prob have a leak. carefully check the entire pipe system. most likely there is a small hole or something. o and by the way, just bc u have a leak doesn't mean u can hear it lol trust me lol
            My members ride thread

Comment

i get it too, i believe its the o rings on the injectors.. but i get a gas smell, not exhaust.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

i dont think its gas that youre smelling but burning oil...you probobly have a small oil leak somewhere that sneaks in through the vents and into the cabin...you only smell it once in a while cuz the smell goes away once its burnt off of the engine

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

whats wrong with smelling gas? when the car is running rich while warming up you're likely to smell gas...

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X