clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch

someone tell me how to prevent burnin up clutch.. and what not..
    http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

as far as i know lettin go of clutch real slow thats slippage cuz the tranny shaft ain't turning at a comparabale rate as the clutch disc...

Comment

Get the clutch enganged and not dick around with makeing a "soft landing". Don't try burn outs if you don't know what your're doing.

Comment

Definately no burnouts

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

don't drive it like a race car.
          The beginning of a new era............................
          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
            dumping the clutch isn't nearly as bad as using the engine/clutch to stay on a hill instead of just using the brake....when it's slipping, it's burning
            dumping it hurts the drivetrain and tires mostly
            yea, cuz if you think about it, popping the clutch pretty much makes the clutch engage quickly. but yea, its hard ont he axles and shit (i had to replace both axles from popping the damn clutch)

but a for a good burnout, you hold hte clutch in and rev to around 3k-3.5k, let it go slowly until you feel it is about to catch and then pop it. make sure you turn off your radio and air also.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
              but a for a good burnout, you hold hte clutch in and rev to around 3k-3.5k, let it go slowly until you feel it is about to catch and then pop it. make sure you turn off your radio and air also.
              thats the best way

Comment

damn this post got off track

so basically

alright man i'm about to go outside take pics and try to move my car.. so ok i'mma have the clutch floored.. i start to let off the clutch until i feel it engaging.. once i feel it engaging hold it right there give it sum gas and let go completely.. correct?

Comment

Yes that is correct, Just practice and you'll get better at it don't worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by green cb7
                    Yes that is correct, Just practice and you'll get better at it don't worry about.
                    Yep yep ^^^ ^^^^ jus dew it

Go to the mall now ... getouttaheaalready .. heheheh.. g'luck .. yew can dew it mahn

A Hui Hou !!!
                    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

If you want anymore tips standardshift.com is pretty good. It helped me out

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

The only reason you give it gas when letting out the clutch in first is to correct for the drop in engine rpm. You basically just want to keep the engine rpm around 1000-1500 as the clutch grabs, lowering the rpms. It is possible to engage the clutch without any gas at all and not stall, but that requires a bit of practice. It's a good way to get used to the clutch, trying to get in engaged without gas.. be gentle!!

Edit: My pet peeve is when some lazy ass holds the clutch in halfway on a hill, so they can not have their foot on the brake... Someone did that when I let them drive my car, and I was like man that's bad for the clutch! The guy had the nerve to basically tell me off sayin it didnt do anything... what a dumbass lol... he also liked starting in second whenever possible.. which the cb7's do not usually enjoy with their tall gearing... if you dont want to drive standard properly, get a purse and buy an automatic.
                        Last edited by trendyexr; 04-16-2005, 07:48 PM.

Comment

how to prevent it for situations like reverse and on hill parallel parking? and what not.

mostly hill scenarios?
                          how bout reversing in kinda far distance?

for hils, here's what i do:

brake and clutched in at dead stop, then i ease out clutch a bit to feel it, and as im ready, i off my brake and add gas, THEN release the clutch to catch..

why is it that sometimes, on hill situations that i feel i can't release my clutch out that soon as if it were on flat land. i feel my car needing to be on the clutch a bit longer for it to grab so it is strong enough to pull through.

i d k if its my pedal, on my 3rd gen it was kinda stiff, and being smooth took a while. yet it got teh best of me on hills.
                          Last edited by FishyMan; 04-16-2005, 08:12 PM.
                          hahahahah

Comment

not sure if my post helps but i usually have to rev to 2k for a ultra smooth trasition when in first.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                            X