Troubleshooting coolant fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubleshooting coolant fan

I noticed that my radiator fan does not cycle after turning my car off to cool it down. The fan will turn on if I have the key in the ON position and will turn off when the motor gets around 190*. Went to the junkyard today to get a fan timer unit and tried it out but still no fan cycle after the engine was warmed up then turned off. Unless the timer unit I got today is faulty, anyone have any idea what might be the problem? Thanks
    Originally posted by Quashish
    Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
    Quashish dictionary
    Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
    To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

It's not supposed to turn on if the motor is at normal operating temp and you turn the car off.

When it is above normal, the fan stays on an additional 10 minutes I believe. Basically whenever the ECT2 switch is triggered.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Would the sensor see the change in temperature after the car is turned off, to then trigger the fans? My external temperature gauge shows that coolant temperatures go up to 215* while my cluster temp gauge reads right below that halfway mark after driving the car. Mind you this is a boosted motor with an aftermarket ecu, not sure if that would affect anything. Thanks for your response.
      Originally posted by Quashish
      Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
      Quashish dictionary
      Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
      To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

Working...
      X