Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starter keep running on its own killing the battery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter keep running on its own killing the battery.

1990 Accord LX Auto. About a month ago I had a mechanic replaced my starter with a reman. The car drives fine and starts fine until last night. With everything off as usual and alarm armed, the starter just go on its own and keep running. I put the key in and the engine starts but when turn off the starter keep going. It ran until the battery lost all the charge. So is the problem the starter or could it be something else that causing this?

Please help. I have no car to go to work.
    Thanks.

only thing I can think of that may cause this is either the starters solenoid could be stuck or you may have a short causing the motor to stay engaged. ?

Comment

It was fine that day but now a short? Where could it be? With the ignition off how could you have current to start?

Comment

The starter solenoid is the culprit.
        Replace entire unit.
        MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

The starter is always connected to the battery. The ign switch only controls the solenoid. If you unplug the solenoid, does the starter remain on?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Found the problem, the dumb ass mechanic didn't install it properly or the wrong type of starter and the insulation rub and it short.

Comment

Working...
            X