black box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black box

so im in the process of wiring in my map sensor on the TB and eliminating the black box and im wondering what wire goes to what spot on the map sensor.
    I had an extra harness laying around so i just cut the TPS plug off since its the same and i got the MAP sensor plug off the black box and cut that plug off als.

wondering if its just match the "alike" colors or if it is different.
    also wondering about the EGR portion of it, as i wont be running EGR it shouldnt need to be plugged in right? i will have a hondata s300 so im pretty sure i can disable it on there.
    also the plug that will plug into the MAP is top view so the green/blue will go towards the firewall

and a link to my build if anyone is interested
    http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204851
    Last edited by 93redcb7; 05-10-2016, 03:22 PM.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=207119
    Check out post #5 as well as the entire thread. From passenger side on LHD car: pink goes to left (firewall), green to center and white to the right (radiator). So using your specific connector:

pink to grn/blue
    grn to red/blk
    wht to yel/blue

Yes egr can be left totally unplugged with your hondata, only the accord and prelude ecu's look for egr components. If you are ditching the charcoal canister too, DO NOT plug the 1/4" vent line from the tank, you'll build up some serious tank pressure and something could burst.
    Last edited by Granite CB7; 05-10-2016, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=207119
      Check out post #5 as well as the entire thread. From passenger side on LHD car: pink goes to left (firewall), green to center and white to the right (radiator). So using your specific connector:

pink to grn/blue
      grn to red/blk
      wht to yel/blue

Yes egr can be left totally unplugged with your hondata, only the accord and prelude ecu's look for egr components. If you are ditching the charcoal canister too, DO NOT plug the 1/4" vent line from the tank, you'll build up some serious tank pressure and something could burst.
      Charcoal canister is the cylinder thing right below the black box correct? Cause I'll just leave it, and if I remember right it has a vent nipple on it? Or is that supposed to go to vacuum?

Comment

^correct, red vac line that goes to t/b can be capped off @ t/b but the black vent line that connects to 1/4" hardline on firewall needs to be left open. I like to gently bend the hardline so it points straight down and I just leave it like that. Since you are deleting egr I fig'd I'd mention it. Oh, I think there's 1 more vac line that goes to egr valve too but you know what to do with that!

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
          ^correct, red vac line that goes to t/b can be capped off @ t/b but the black vent line that connects to 1/4" hardline on firewall needs to be left open. I like to gently bend the hardline so it points straight down and I just leave it like that. Since you are deleting egr I fig'd I'd mention it. Oh, I think there's 1 more vac line that goes to egr valve too but you know what to do with that!
          What is the hose on the bottom of it go to? Or what should I do with it?

Comment

^oh yeah! that's a vent (I think) for the canister that can be completely ditched with a canister if you'd like

Comment

I've always just used the red hose going to the intake manifold to connect to the vent tube at the bottom of the canister and vent it more under the car as opposed to directly into the engine bay.
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                I've always just used the red hose going to the intake manifold to connect to the vent tube at the bottom of the canister and vent it more under the car as opposed to directly into the engine bay.
                Well I won't have the red hose any more since I'll have a TB mounted map sensor

Comment

Working...
                X