Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NM speed sensor problem

I have a problem.

The car works fine. There is no flashing in the ECL or the S light ( honda accord 1990 DX) .. But If I do the process to read the ECL and the S light faulty codes. The S light sends the code 15.

Is that possible ? The TCU doesn't send any codes in normal condition but it has one code stored in it?

The code 15 is related to the NM speed sensor. So , Is it hard to replace? Any info someone can lead me to on how to replace the sensor? My manual shows the pictures but when I open the hood is somehow different ( more complicated)

Code 15 is related to the kick down switch, not the speed sensor.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      Code 15 is related to the kick down switch, not the speed sensor.
      I discovered this by accident since the S light was not flashing at all.

I checked the manual and it says that with that code, the S light is off.

code 15 refers to NM speed sensor . located on the tranny near the passenger tire.

The weird thing is that the car is supposed to jerk hard when shifting, which it does not.

Comment

pull the ecu fuse and reset it, go for a 30min drive come back and pull codes again, couldve been a false positive if youre not getting physical symptoms yet, or the problem isnt severe enough but still enough to trip the computer for a fault.

Comment

I had this issue, all I did was remove the sensor, cleaned it, and it worked fine. However, the metal shavings on it turned out to be a bad trans 10k later
          sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post
            I had this issue, all I did was remove the sensor, cleaned it, and it worked fine. However, the metal shavings on it turned out to be a bad trans 10k later

Hi there,

I removed the sensor.Cleaned it and replaced o-ring. it was "dirty" but not too much metal savings. I do the transmission flush (3 times) every 2 years or so, and replaced the fluid every 10k miles. Fluid is pink, last time i removed the trans plug , it didn't not contain much metal shavings.

the problem is "replacing" the NM sensor. It looks easy on the manual, but when I open the hood , I am a bit afraid!

Comment

If you can pull it out to clean it, why would replacing it be any different? All you have to do is disconnect and replace.

Comment

If you can pull it out to clean it, why would replacing it be any different? All you have to do is disconnect and replace.
                The cable goes all the way up to above the starter . That is the hard part. To take the whole thing up or down. I will give it a try. I think I will end up taking out the battery and its stand , to have more space.

Comment

It's not hard at all, the connection is on the top of the transmission, juts go slow and be careful and it will come out easily!

Comment

It's not hard at all, the connection is on the top of the transmission, juts go slow and be careful and it will come out easily!
                    I finally did it. To have space, I took out the battery and where the battery stands. When I followed the cable , the cable was pinched by another thing holding some other cables. I replaced it and the code is gone !

Comment

Working...
                    X