Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

revving to 7k on f22a6 motor?

currently i have i/h/e and cams

im thinking about chipping it to have a rev limiter at 7200 would it be safe to rev that high? or would my motor jus blow?

what do you think?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I mean you could but that might create problems later on. Why would you revv your motor that high in the first place. For racing I think 6k would do it heh

Well on with the other posts

Comment

Originally posted by velocityCB7
        currently i have i/h/e and cams

im thinking about chipping it to have a rev limiter at 7200 would it be safe to rev that high? or would my motor jus blow?

thats like asking for it the most i have done is 6500 but thats just me

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
        bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

it possibly. the first month i owned my accord (9/01) i messed up on a down shift on the highway and wrapped it to 7k+. crazy thing is the motor still runs. if i were you i wouldnt though. i think it has something to do with a stroke ratio. h series have a better ratio meaning higher reving.
          Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

Originally posted by kccb7
            it possibly. the first month i owned my accord (9/01) i messed up on a down shift on the highway and wrapped it to 7k+. crazy thing is the motor still runs. if i were you i wouldnt though. i think it has something to do with a stroke ratio. h series have a better ratio meaning higher reving.

can u elaborate about downshifting? what happened.. gimme a scenario of what happened.. i just want to prevent that in the near future..
            http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

I have seen motors rev to 7k and it be no problem...but why do you want to? I mean there is no power that high in your power band which means you will be basically putting more stress on the engine for no reason. The H22 revs that high because there is power up there via VTEC.
              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

i wouldnt do it man, i revved mine to 7k for only like a month and now its sittin on the side of my yard with oil all in the piston bays. and why would u rev that high annyways? f22 loses power at like 6k it would be pointless?
                ]

Comment

well you have to give him some credit. he did say he had cams..and thats the main reason the motor looses power after 6k or so. but the F22a was never designed to rev that high. its stroke ratio just wont cut it (as stated above). if you want to hit 7k mabye you could put an H22 crank and rods in there . of course you have to worry about the Head as well...i personally wouldnt do it

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

In another post of Velocity's, he said he had only a cam gear not an aftermarket camshaft.

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                    i wouldnt do it man, i revved mine to 7k for only like a month and now its sittin on the side of my yard with oil all in the piston bays. and why would u rev that high annyways? f22 loses power at like 6k it would be pointless?
                    Does the f22a lose power at about 6K (w/ stock cam)? Haven't dynoed my engine so I don't know when the power begins to drop off. Anybody know exactly where the optimum shift point would be (f22a)?

Comment

i have cam gears not cams i just messed up my post

Comment

hey man i wouldnt rev to 7k unless your engine was built. it wasnt designed to rev high, basically if you rev to 7k once and a while on a downshift by accident you can get by, but winding it up to 7k theres no point to sacrifice longevity of your motor for revving to 7k,itll make no power up there.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

ok thanks for everyones input, very appreciated

Comment

The stock cam blows after about 5500... no point to rev it that high....

but...

When I had my cammed SOHC F20A head/F22A1 block in the car... I did rev it up to 7k on a semi regular basis and a few times to 7200 on a chipped P06 with a fairly rough map and everything was fine with stock bottom end...

I had no compunction about revving it that high since I was making power well up to the high 6's & shifting at 7 put me right in the sweet spot in an upshift...

In all fairness... I did snap a timing belt at 7k while racing and it killed many of my valves... the cause is still undetermined but the bottom end was fine upon inspection, the bearings were perfectly fine...Just something to keep in mind...but not all motors are created equal... another thing to keep in mind...

One thing though... if you are revving that high... you are racing... in whatever form... and you have to understand that racing = breakage on occaision... so if you can't afford to fix it or can't deal with breakages...don't race it...
                            Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 05-01-2005, 04:17 AM.
                            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Working...
                            X