ebay intake question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay intake question

i just recieved my no name cai that i bought off ebay...like all ebay cai's it has two holes on it for connections unlike the aem cai's which only have one....should i just plug the unused hole on the cai? if so, what should i use to plug it? also since i didnt buy an aem cai i was not supplied with filter foam, what should i do about the tube which is supposed to be plugged off with filter foam/where can i buy filter foam?

thanks

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Ummmm mine Short Ram (same type of thing) has 2 holes and they are both suppose to recieve tubes from where you pulled them off the old intake.

Comment

What filter foam are you referring to?

The filter should have come with a cone filter. My eBay one did. If it did not, some Walmarts and most AutoZones carry 3" outlet cone filters. Any tuner shop will, too.
      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

well the aem intakes only have one hole which is used for the vacuum so the top plug that you disconnect has to be plugged with a piece of foam filter but i guess with the ebay cais both plugs which are unplugged are reattached

Comment

take an elastic and use any type of foam,,,,,,or even a black sock it doesnt really matter. just overlap the hose with sock or any type of breathable foam and use an elastic to keep it in place.....simple as that. and then wire tie the hose out of the way. its easy.
          [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

well since there are two places to connect hoses into on my ebay cai should i just reconnect the 2 hoses that i disconnect or should i still cap off the one like i would if i had an aem?

Comment

theres a spot where the head has a tube that plugs right into the intake. that tube you want to discard and replace with a breather, or an oil catch. cuz all that tube does is recirculate hot air and oil particles from the engine. they used this for emissions to keep the crap out of the atmosphere. pretty much all you need to do is not worry about anything. but plug in what you can.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

well so far ill ive had the chance to do today was remove the old intake and install the first piece of the cai so right now i have a short ram...i noticed that with the short ram i get weird results from my car, when i barely push on the gas the engine revs up a lot and takes a while to idle again, is this normal? i capped off the 2nd hole on the cai and i also capped off the tube which resurculates hot air/oil particles...

another thing i noticed is that when i change to reverse the car revs up to about 2000 and then idles...is this normal for a short ram or weird?

last thing, i capped off the tube that was supposed to be covered with "filter foam"...is this a bad thing to do?

thanks
                Last edited by Aaron; 05-05-2005, 10:52 PM.

Comment

bumppppp, help please

Comment

Pics?
                    To-Do List for Today
                    Be Awesome

Comment

When u say the car revs when you touch the gas barley...do you tap the gas(literly) and it climbs up to like 2100RPM and then drops down...if so mine does the same and i've got a ebay short ram too...i think its normal for these cars to do it....i think its the computer making sure it keeps air flowing into the engine at all times...correct me
                      93 Accord- SOLD
                      94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

maybe a vacume leak, if that is occuring, i have an AEM CAI..and i dont believe that happens with mine, my car when its cold starts out at about 2k, but then when warms up it gets lower when idleing.
                        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron

last thing, i capped off the tube that was supposed to be covered with "filter foam"...is this a bad thing to do?

thanks
                          um, i don't think you should plug that hole. i'm pretty sure it needs to breath, thats why everyone says to just put some foam over it.
                          I........love my car. Simple as that.

Comment

take a look at my intake. it has two holes for two hoses and they are different sizes.

the upper one is the smaller one and it goes to a plastic tube above the intake manifold. the one on the side is the breather for the valve cover. the bottom one is not a vacuum hose. it's a coolant line for the throttle body.

if you'd notice your stock metal breather hose for the valve cover has another metal line attached to it. that second line is the coolant line for the throttle body. i removed these metal lines when i installed my intake. shown below are the two lines that need to be connected (yellow). the coolant line is also shown for reference.
                            1cor10:31
                            - 92 LX coupe
                            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

if you want it to look even cleaner remove the metal hosing in his pic above and replace the hosing with one piece instead of using the metal tubing they have welded together i did this and it looks much cleaner under the hood one of those lines is coolant the other goes to the breather from the valve cover and definitely do not block off that breather it needs to vent i would leave it hooked up to the intake just my opinion though.hope this helps.and follow timmys pics good info.
                              im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                              93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                              90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                              91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                              92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                              93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                              92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                              93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                              92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Working...
                              X