snapped alt. belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snapped alt. belt

if i can get the car started, will it stay running without the alt belt? i dont want to be driving down the freeway to the shop and have my car stall out.

nope.

Comment

you cant get it started when it turns over the altenator is what keeps the car runnin it takes over and stores the power for the car if you wanna see it in the works after you crank your car over take the negative side of the battery off the car will still run because of the altenator.

Comment

Re: snapped alt. belt

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
        if i can get the car started, will it stay running without the alt belt? i dont want to be driving down the freeway to the shop and have my car stall out.
        Actually yes it will run for a short period of time, just make sure you have a good battery and you're not going anywhere far. My belt snapped and I had to drive it from work to my dad's house to fix it, I drove about 13 miles. Just make sure your not running anything else that uses power. Hope that helps!

Comment

yeah it should work but not long, its like haven a busted alternator....the battery will do all the work.
          but like the other guy said it will not go far and u acnt use any other accessories like headlights, and to be on the safe side u might want to use the e-brake to stop if u can, i kno when my alternator was shot (fix now) if i touch the brakes had the radio and headlights on i would lose power and the car would cut off.

but have u considered changing it urself, just get a repair manual and go to work.....
          NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

thanks for all the input. and yea, i just fixed it myself. i had never done it before, but once i got into it, it was very easy. and i found out the problem. im missing the bolt that holds down the bracket that the adjuster bolt goes through.

Comment

Working...
            X