Need some help!! I know, I know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help!! I know, I know

Okay guys, I'm racking my brains trying to figure what the fuck is up with my wifes(Ex now) car. Yesterday I took the head off to put on a new head gasket, water pump, crank pulley, underdrive pulleys, thermo, and header. I disassembled the motor yesterday, and took the head off. I put on a new gasket and then started reassembling the motor. I checked the timing 3 times before finishing with most of it last night and its DEAD ON. I finished with it early this morning and go to start it up and no fire. I have spark, I have fuel, but NO compression. I have since pulled the covers off again and the timing is dead on. I have probably done 20-30 5th gen timing belts so this is nothing new to me. So please no replies saying check the timing. The compression is 55 in 1, 58 in 2, 90 in 3, and 75 in 4. THe head is mated perfectly, no fluid leak after the cooling system had 30 pound of pressure applied over a 4 hour period. The car was overheating mildly the day before and the day of the replacement, so my question is do yu think the rings may be stuck from the heat? Or do you think they have fried themselves completely? It's got to be rings, don't you think??? I mean it ran perfect(except for the overheating problem ). So i know the valves are fine(not bent) and the seals were replace about 10K ago so what is the problem with this POS 5th GEN?????????????
    I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

i would recheck to make sure the head is mated correctly as well as other seals with a seal scraper. good luck

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Don't you have to have the head resurfaced if it overheats because it warps? Maybe its not mating correctly because of that.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
      We got something to say!
      Police this, condemn this, damn this
      We'll be heard anyway!
      Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Originally posted by evol90accord
        Don't you have to have the head resurfaced if it overheats because it warps? Maybe its not mating correctly because of that.
        he said that he had no coolant leak when held under 30psi... could be a sign that the head is mated properly... but then again:

green5thgen - seeing as how each cylinder makes over 50psi by themselves, i would try doign a leakdown test on each compression chamber to see if see if it still holds full pressure, like 90-100 psi per cylinder...

may be your rings, or a slight problem in the mating losing pressure when it gets too high
        Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-01-2005, 11:05 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yes, the head is mated properly as far as coolant leaks, but I think you may be on to something with the cylinder pressure. I am going to perform a leak down test on each cylinder. Thing is once I tried cylinder 4 and let it roll over 5 times it was at 75. When I let it roll over 20 times or so,it got up to almost 105. Not sure what in the hell is going on? Any ideas about this??
          I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

It is not seeming to leak down, it's only been 5 mins, but no leak down yet? To hell with this POS!!!!!! I'll just put the H22 in it that is for my newly acquired 92 blue LX!!!!

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

aw man... yeah... i say swap it for another f22... you can pick one of those up really cheap...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Hey, I'll have an F22 to sell in a month or two...
                Bart: What's your name?
                Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

I want that H for me so I can be like someone else in this thread!!!! LMAO!!! I got jealous of this one, so I went and bought me another H and bought me a CB7 and now I'm gonna be a copy cat!!! Yeah, to hell with her car, let it rot!!!!

Comment

Have you tried a wet compression test, this will tell you right away if its the rings.
                    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

I poured some tranny fluid in the cylinders and now compression is 125 across the board. At 90psi compression, with fuel and spark with 87 octane a car will start. That's all it takes. But the damn thing still wont start. Im stumped????

Comment

Take the head to a mechanical machine shop and have it inspected. Then again if you took the whole head off id take the whole motor out. Id take the whole motor out and have the whole shit built up screw a rebuild build for power because either way itll cost the same .

Comment

Well I was going to put a lude motor in it, but it is my wifes car(we just split up) so I'm not gonna do shit for it as far as that goes. The lude motor is mine, and since were not together any longer she's on here own as far as that's concerned. I will do the work for her as my son rides in that car and to help here out, but as far as putting money to rebuild it performance wise, fuck it!!!! Im gonna frick with it some more in the morning, when I figure this damn thing out, Ill post the fix for all of you to read. Anyother ideas as to possible causes??? Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
                            X