ABS problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS problem

heres the deal. I am pulling out of a parking lot slowy in first gear, shift two second and come to a stop sign. Stop then begin to pull out slow, hit second and it's not really moving when I give it gas, so I punch it and not going anywhere, look down, e-brake is on. . Now the abs light is on... ANyone know what is wrong/how to fix it. sorry it's 2 in the morning, I'm gonna go to bed. I'll search up about it tomorrow morning.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

bro i did the same thing, but i drove like that for about 2 miles. im a dumbass

My Ride

Comment

sorry forgot to add this but, it might just reset itself..

My Ride

Comment

Reset your ECU by unhooking your battery, see what happens.

-nick

Comment

There is also a battery fuse in the box under the hood. I believe this also resets the ECU

Comment

The ABS system goes into "fail safe" mode when the brake indicator is on for more than 1/2 mile while the car is moving faster than approx. 10 MPH.

When that happens, the system disables, the light illuminates, and you will get a code 02 (i think) which means parking brake switch/master cylinder brake fluid level.

When you turn the car off and back on, the system and light will reset itself. If you want to clear the code, remove the ABS B2 fuse from the ABS fuse block on the left side of the engine bay for 10 seconds.

Personally, I think our ABS system is substandard. I sometimes disable it by pulling the parking brake just like you did but just one notch so it will turn off if i'm driving in snow. It adds quite a distance to my stops on a slick intersection that's almost caused me to rear end people. When its off, it seems like I stop faster. Am I crazy?

Comment

Originally posted by xaxis360
              Personally, I think our ABS system is substandard. I sometimes disable it by pulling the parking brake just like you did but just one notch so it will turn off if i'm driving in snow. It adds quite a distance to my stops on a slick intersection that's almost caused me to rear end people. When its off, it seems like I stop faster. Am I crazy?
              Yes you are, The purpose of the system is to maintain handling and steering control and in some rare cases can give you shorter stoping distance. Our ABS system is actually very good. Snow and Icey roads can be very difficult to maintain control especially if you lock the wheels up. ABS is an advantage you want.
              My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

I keep it on 364 out of 365 days of the year.

But... when its very snowy or icy and I am trying to stop in a straight line, it definately extends my stopping distance.... significantly. I've went into the middle of intersections because it was pulsating like crazy not allowing wheel slip and not stopping the car in the process. True, that means the road must have been crazy slick, but I disabled it and I stopped much faster judging the locking up myself.

As far as rain and other conditions, I always keep it on...

Comment

turned car on, ABS light still on. Reset ecu, ABS gone and all feels better, thanks guys.
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                  X