12 Volt Charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 Volt Charge

My battery gets messed when im using my car the RPM go under ones at sometime and my volts go to 10. I was wondering if i need a new battery? What's the best one to buy? Let me know thanks

Re: 12 Volt Charge

Originally posted by Maple50175
    My battery gets messed when im using my car the RPM go under ones at sometime and my volts go to 10. I was wondering if i need a new battery? What's the best one to buy? Let me know thanks
    Your voltage should never drop to 10, I would check your altenator. The problem is probably there.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

your battery should show 12.3+ with the ignition off and nothing on

with tthe car running and the normal accesories running your battery should read 14.4+ and nothing less then 13 if it does then you have a bad alt

if you voltage readings are fine while the motor is running but bad when off then you have a bad battery

if you need to replace your battery and your car is stock then go for a OEM battery (more expensive but the best) if you have a modded car and alot of electronics or car audio equipment then go for a Optima or larger battery that can handle the added run down time

my .02
      hope that helps

Robert Sartore
      Kustom Audio Werx

1991 Honda Accord EX Sedan (FOR SALE)
      Kaminari rear-sides/Blackwidow front/(I/H/E)/jdm head lights/red-clear tails/+more to come

Comment

OKay thanks alot How can i test my altenator to see if thats the problem? anythign i can get. I have warrentys on my battery but yeah to lazy to get a new one let me know

Comment

the cheapest and fastest way to check your alternator is to start your car and unhook the battery

if the car dies the alt is bad if it stays running it should be ok

also you can goto your local shucks or napa or whatnot and have them test your "charging system"
          they should do it for free..

Robert Sartore
          Kustom Audio Werx

1991 Honda Accord EX Sedan (FOR SALE)
          Kaminari rear-sides/Blackwidow front/(I/H/E)/jdm head lights/red-clear tails/+more to come

Comment

Ok thanks That helped me

Comment

well what did it do????

u can also take it to a auto store, most of the time they do free checks.

mine runs at 12.3 when nothing is on...when its on it raises to like 13.4...around there and just sits there but never drops below..
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
              X