Squeek when taking off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeek when taking off

Hi all. I have a problem that I'm hoping to get fixed soon. I have a 92 jdm accord with a h22a swap. Auto to manual swap was done at the same time. The problem is when I take off from first and when I change gears sometimes I get a squeek that sounds like tyres losing traction. It is quite loud, easily heard from cars around me. It seems to happen when the clutch is slipping before fully catching.

I'm pretty sure it's gearbox related as like I said it happens when changing gears aswell. I bought the car recently and it supposedly has a 5puc brass button clutch aswell. I have had two mechanics suggest things like the thrust bearing, sprocket bearing??, or even just the clutch is buggered (it's supposed to be fairly new).

Has anyone had a similar problem? Do any of these sound like the culprit? I will get more mechanics to have a look before heading straight for a clutch swap as this would be pricey. thanks for any suggestions if more details are needed I will try and describe it more.
    Members Ride Thread

what about it? Which one is that. Are you saying it is worn? Sorry for the noobish questions.
    Members Ride Thread

Comment

I think he means the front mount. Look at your engine bay and you will see it right infront of the radiator fan. yeah thats it.

Comment

ill have to agree with Wayne on this one.
        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

oh ok. well that would be good if it was just that. It is a urathane one and is worn a bit around the inside so I was going to replace it fairly soon anyway. I'll do that before doing anything more major to see if its that. However, to me it dosn't seem like it could be doing it. It's not just a chirp. Like sometimes it is prolonged and keeps squealing if I sit at a certain point with the accel and clutch. Thanks fellas.
          Last edited by Cam; 06-22-2005, 09:18 AM.
          Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
          X