hesitating, missfiring etc!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hesitating, missfiring etc!!!!

ok for two weeks i have been having this problem.... while i am lightly accelerating my car will hessitate, missfire or kind of work with 3 pistons between 1500rpms and 2000rpms. once it passes 2000rpms it will work fine. and if it lower than 1500rpms will work fine. this problems it only between 1500-2000rpms.
    i have changed the distributor, spark plugs, wires 2 months ago. i used that fuel injector cleaner and still i see no change...
    for a while i was wondering if it was a bad injector but the thing is that if it was a bad injector i was gona have problems in idle too<<<<which i don't have.
    the problem lies only between 1500rpm and 2000rpm....
    so what do u guys think...
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

could be a slight vacuum leak. Check and make sure the distributor is at correct timing check the plugs and plug wires. And also last but not least and it may sound like a stupid question what grade fuel do you use?

Comment

already done everything u said. i checked all the vacume line but i don't think they can really fuck up the driving like that.....
      i was using 89 then i went to regular the car drives the same....
      the thing with honda engines it that if everyting works properly then its ok to use regular gas.

Comment

what kind of distributor did you replace it with? that was a very important part of my whole problem.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

well i have two distributors. i give it to my dads friend that works at cordone industries where they rebuild all kind of parts
          so i just changed the whole distributor... and i still get the same vibration, misfiring etc between 1500rpm and 2000rpm. but keep in mind that its only at light throttle.
          the think that i left out is when i start the car and begin to drive,,, it don't do it. but when it downshifts and its about 1500rpm then it starts to do it again.

Comment

check ur o2 sensor. it may be going bad. mine does the same and it was my o2

Originally posted by Dr.x
            You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

It does kinda seem like a fuel delivery issue.... It is most likely an O2 issue. Also, is your ECU modified at all? Have you checked the coolant tmeperature sensors to make sure they are readin within range?

My Accord History:
              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

same problem.

mine has been doing the same thing for about three weeks also, I've put injector cleaner new plugs, already had new d-cap and wires. just like his only between 1500-2000 a slight little miss.
                BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Well it sounds like the O2 sensor. Basically, the ECU gets a reading of O2 content in your exhaust. It then uses that reading, and input from a few other sensors, to determine the appropriate amount of time to open the fuel injectors. At idle, it usually runs it a little rich which could "hide" the misfire at low RPM's. At about 1500-2000 it becomes noticeable because the ECU cannot determine the appropriate injector activity needed to run right....and at the same time, the fuel leans out as RPM's increase so this "incorrect" change from rich/lean is the stumbling you're noticing at around 1500. And I say 'Incorrect" because the ECU is supposed to do this...only it's not doing it quite right because of a f'ed signal it's getting. The f'ed signal is more than likely O2.

Basically, either test the O2 and replace it if needed....or go ahead and replace it anyways cause they commonly go bad.

My Accord History:
                  91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

My best guess would be 02 sensor. Oriely's has a Bosch sensor for 69 with a 10 mail in gas card. That would be the eay fix. If that doesn't fix it then you probably need to clean your EGR ports as the hesitation for this is about 1700-1800. I tried to change my 02 sensor last night but could not get it off. No room to move with the fan there.

Comment

I've checked into getting a sensor, there are two different ones, the auto part stores say I have one of last true japanese built accords because my o-2 sensor has 4 wires, they say all american built have 2 wires, I dont know, the difference in price is pretty big,2 wire 69 4 wire 155. Can someone tell me is that true about my car, there are other small differences in mine that I haven't seen in other accords.

Comment

Bosch Oreily My O2 sensor has 4 wires, Bosch part no. 15712. also has oem connection so you don't have to splice wires.
                        hope that helps.
                        Last edited by Stoner51; 07-12-2005, 09:24 PM.

Comment

could be o2 sensor, how tight is your throttle cable, because it could be loose especially on an auto where ther is a kickdown linkage also! air filter clean? Im just shooting in the dark!

WaC!

Comment

Thats good,I'll try the sensor, I bought a new filter for my cold air intake today, and throttle cable is tight just went and checked.

Comment

I haven't put pics of car up yet, but you can check it out at car domain member Id doughboy415

Comment

Working...
                              X