ABS & Brake Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS & Brake Light

CB7 93 SE Has anyone had their ABS and Brake light come on as your driving down the road? What could be causing this? I know I have a wrapped front passanger rotor, but could that be causing this?

Any suggestions are greatly apperciated..

Originally posted by Thule
    CB7 93 SE Has anyone had their ABS and Brake light come on as your driving down the road? What could be causing this? I know I have a wrapped front passanger rotor, but could that be causing this?

Any suggestions are greatly apperciated..
    ABS fluid should be flushed in a Honda every 30,000 miles....Your car should make a funny noise when you start it up (this is the ABS accumilator pumping fluid)....but how long does the noise exist? I wouldn't think the rotor would be causing the light to come on. How many miles does the chassis have on your 93?
    1991 Honda Accord Ex
    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
    Totoro Squad #2

Comment

hm...i have the same thing occuring with my cb...my abs light is on...not sure if i should bother taking it to the dealer or not, but a solution would be helpful
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Hey thanks alot for your replie. I dont hear a funny noise when I start the car, all I hear is the fuel pump doing it's thing. The car does have about 170,000 miles on chasis and motor.

Comment

The only way to know for sure what is wrong is to pull the code just like you would pull the engine codes.

Yes this should be flushed out every 30k. CVhances are that it hasen't been and that you will throw an ABS code 1 (blinks once, 5 sec. pause, then blinks once, another 5 sec. pause and then blinks once more and remains off after that). This is the most common reason for intermittent issues. If the light comes on all the time, then you probaly have a bad wheel speed sensor at one of the wheels or the gap on it is bad or the module is f'ed or something more serious.

Pull the code and post up here what it is.

My Accord History:
          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Working...
          X