axle nut removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

axle nut removal?

i need to remove the axle nut on my cb7 so i can pull the cv joint out of the transmission so i can take the engine out. i did a search but it yeilded a broken link. i have the 36 mm socket and its not budging i cant remember what the trick was to get it out
    ]

spray some PB blaster on there and get a HUGE breaker bar

Comment

im leaving for autozone right now to get a breaker bar
      ]

Comment

just got back from returning the BROKEN BREAKER BAR i SNAPPED! lol any more ideas? i just broke a 30 dollar breaker bar with lifetime warranty
        ]

Comment

there are no tricks to it...just keep at it until you break that nut loose...try getting a longer pipe to slide over the breaker bar for more leverage

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
          Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
          So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

stick a screw driver you dont like in one of the vent slots on the skinny side of the rotor, and have it pry upagainst the caliper and go at it! use the braker bar, and then slide a tube over it, like your jack handle tube or something..
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

are u guys kidding lmao
              lol use the socket arm... u need a big one since u are using a 36mm socket...
              get a long as pipe..... and u done....
              make sure u open that the axle nut lip is straigh and not bent on that axle whole..<<<<don't know if u understood what i mean.
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

i just simply use my impact gun..

Comment

If it's really bad like mine was (impact didn't work and I snapped 2 higher end breaker bars), try a 3/4 drive breaker bar. Those can take a beating. A long pipe for leaverage like mentioned above will also help alot.

Comment

i broke 2 bars from my other axle nut and i eventually just went to a wheel shop where they blasted it off for free.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I hope you guys remembered to unstake the axle nut before you tried to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice
                        i just simply use my impact gun..

haha amen... the Nitro Cat gets the trick done...

Comment

The long ass pipe is what saved me when I had to do this. Mine was about 7-8 feet long. Just slid it over the breaker bar and pushed down with about 3/4 strength. Came right off. Make sure to WD40 it to death before hand though. It can't hurt and only assists in removing that damned nut.
                          Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                          D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                          ┴─┴
                          ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

It would be a good time for you to replace the axle nuts too. They go for like 3 dollars each.

Comment

well mine wouldnt come off no matter what so what i did was i unstaked it like it was supposed to be unstaked. Then i took a dremel grinded a nice lil groove and stuck a stake in between it at an angle and used a sledgehammer in the direction to get it off works everytime you should try it just dont hit the lugnutbolts or graze the rotor with the screwdriver. It sa two man job and have someone hold the brakes down while you give a wack at it p.s dont feel so bad i broke 5 breaker bars and counting until i hgave up did that and it worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X