Turn Signal...??? not working...(1)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signal...??? not working...(1)...

Ok tried to do the bumper/fog light conversion thing..and i guess im like everyone else and wired them to the constant corner...and well it worked but not right...lol they would come on...but then when i did the blinker it would blink like i had my hazards on...lol...soo i un hooked them and next think i know my drivers side corner blinker wont work and still isnt working i checked fuses....and everythign what else could it be....the thing that plugs into the bulbs look kinda melted and stuff...soo maybe i need new ones...if soo anyone have 4 of the connectors? soo idk what it is..i did pull on the wires to get a lil more slack .......i guess i could have snapped a weak part in the wire since its soo old...or somethign could of dis-connected..soo if someone can give me some step to take or can give me an idea of were all the wire runs threw and what not...that would be cool.....thanks guys...

oh and if someone can give me directions on how to do the bumper light conversion thing the right way or an easy way let me know!!!

Thanks!!!
    My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Its too late to say, but don't connect the wires from the corner light to the bumper light. The stock bumper bump is rated at 3 watts, the corner lght can't support this current. You need a relay or do the 1156 dual filament conversion.

I am planning to do this project soon, will post a DIY.

As for your problem, get a voltmeter and see if there is actual voltage on the wires. Pick up a connector with leads at a salvage yard or try the dealer.

Comment

well how come the other light works then...i mean it works fine...my other corner light that is...and my bumper turn signals still turn on to......soo idk...u mean get a new connector for the bulb and wires???
      My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

signal relay

^ was stolen, now basically stock.
        1992 Accord LX Coupe: FOR SALE
        1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo SW20

Comment

where is the relay located at?
          My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

not sure exactly which one it is but it's above the fusebox inside the car on drivers side.

Comment

Originally posted by fac90
              Its too late to say, but don't connect the wires from the corner light to the bumper light. The stock bumper bump is rated at 3 watts, the corner lght can't support this current. You need a relay or do the 1156 dual filament conversion.

I am planning to do this project soon, will post a DIY.

As for your problem, get a voltmeter and see if there is actual voltage on the wires. Pick up a connector with leads at a salvage yard or try the dealer.
              Like he said, "you need a relay" AutoZone, Checker/Shcucks, Advance Auto Parts carries them, they're pretty cheap, i think around 2-6 bucks or so, not sure on price i haven't needed a relay in a while.

Comment

how can u tell if the relay is bad??? is there anyway of telling if ones bad?
                My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

i wish you would have asked me to do this for you matt.. the corner light doesn't send out enough power to light up the bumper lense bulb. if you have put LED's in the bumper lights like i'm planning to do, then you would have been fine because they don't pull near the power the normal bulbs do.

you'll need a relay for them if you want them to work properly.. it's a piece of cake. hit me up if you have questions.. i'll be in ohio but i can help you do it.
                  Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                  2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                  2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                  2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by 92whiteaccord
                    how can u tell if the relay is bad??? is there anyway of telling if ones bad?
                    to find the relay and tell if it's bad, turn your blinker on (which ever one doesn't work, or try both.) and listen for the clicking noise and reach up there and feel the relays, usually you can feel which one is clicking and try and determine which one it is, if it doesn't make the clicking noise or if it clicks fast it's bad.
                    Last edited by illustrious; 07-26-2005, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                      i wish you would have asked me to do this for you matt.. the corner light doesn't send out enough power to light up the bumper lense bulb. if you have put LED's in the bumper lights like i'm planning to do, then you would have been fine because they don't pull near the power the normal bulbs do.

you'll need a relay for them if you want them to work properly.. it's a piece of cake. hit me up if you have questions.. i'll be in ohio but i can help you do it.
                      What led replament are you planning on using, the 1157 or 1156?
                      They make 1156 brake/tail led that will work electrically, but how about fitment into the bumper turn signal housing?

Comment

ok where exactly are the relays...i tried to look today but didnt see what i was looking for....soo does anyone have pics or anythign soo i know what im looking for?
                        My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

yo mang

dang bro why didnt ya call me for ?'s man, yeah man so wat ya plan on doin?? wit the ride??
                          im rockin the jdm all stock, cmon be original bitshes!!!

Mc Donalds/Orlando meet 7/23/05

Comment

Originally posted by 92whiteaccord
                            ok where exactly are the relays...i tried to look today but didnt see what i was looking for....soo does anyone have pics or anythign soo i know what im looking for?
                            I'll get you some pics tonight and post. i'll even try to figure out which one it is for you.

Comment

Yo matt why didn't you call me you know i work on car!!! let me know so i can check you car!!! damn white boy...lol
                              Accord Of The Month January 09
                              Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                              BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Working...
                              X