Removal of Evaporator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal of Evaporator?

Hey guys...i didnt see anything on the fourms about removing the evaporator and i really would like to know....so if someone can give me a DIY or point me in the right directions...and pictures wouldnt hurt either!!
    My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Pretty sure you have to pull the glovebox at the very least.

Comment

sounds to easy....
      My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

The evaporator is pretty easy to get to. You're going to remove the glove box (damper screw and hinges at bottom). You'll then see alot of black plastic and stuff (not very helpful!). Looking straight on, the blower motor will be on the far right (closet to pass. door.) To the LEFT of that is the evaporator, you're going to have to undo the support straps and 2 connections in the engine bay right under the ABS junk or the emissions black box. Be sure to put the straps back correctly, b/c those seal the gaps and keep the heat/A/C in the system and not leak out at the gaps. I wouldn't mess around w/ the 2 connections if your A/C is still charged!!!

Are you removing your A/C or something? You prob. aren't b/c you're in FL! Good luck and your car is soooo nice, I love it, DX's are great!

Dan

EDIT: Haynes manual will walk you right through almost anything, including that^

Comment

Thanks for the help i already got it out...your right it wasnt that hard.....except for those damn a/c lines...thanks alot for the help tho!
          My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 92whiteaccord
            Thanks for the help i already got it out...your right it wasnt that hard.....except for those damn a/c lines...thanks alot for the help tho!
            Good work, those A/C lines are very hard to get out, and I'd imagine it'd be harder to put the evap. back in! I took my A/C out, so I did get to remove the evap. Glad it worked out!

Comment

Whats the benefit of removing the evap?
              ProjectParty.net
              Putting an end to the question, "What's going on tonight?"

"This generation has this universal sense of failure" - Kurt D. Cobain

CLUB 1320

My FOR SALE thread...buy my ish

Comment

^Well, if you have your A/C removed, then it's best to take it all out, evap. included. If you have your A/C in and charged, then leave it (just saying that just in case). Why, do you have your A/C removed?

Comment

No, here in FL A/C is mandatory, fuck that riding with the windows down BS. I just thought there might be like some kind of HP related gain or something. :dunno:
                  ProjectParty.net
                  Putting an end to the question, "What's going on tonight?"

"This generation has this universal sense of failure" - Kurt D. Cobain

CLUB 1320

My FOR SALE thread...buy my ish

Comment

this post is kinda old but is this heavy?
                    i wanna remove the whole a/c system, already got the comrpessor, condensor and some of the lines off...
                    thanks!
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I lend u TNT & U blow it out!!

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                        this post is kinda old but is this heavy?
                        i wanna remove the whole a/c system, already got the comrpessor, condensor and some of the lines off...
                        thanks!
                        Back from the dead LOL, Yes, the evaporator is kinda heavy. I forget how much exactly, maybe 7-10 lbs. So removing it will give you better velocity from the blower and loosing weight is great You basically take the entire case out, remove the evaporator, and then put the case back together. You'll notice that there will be some openings in the case only, you want to plug those to form a sealed system for the blower. If you don't, you'll lose velocity out of the openings in the case. I used an old bike tube and hot glue to patch and seal all the openings where air could leak out. Bolt the case back in and you're good to go

Dan

Originally posted by OSAMA
                        I lend u TNT & U blow it out!!
                        You're such a great guy and all but hand tools usually get the job done, if he needs that TNT and aluminum tubes, he'll PM you

Comment

hmm, when i took it out it felt around 3lbs, lol.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                            hmm, when i took it out it felt around 3lbs, lol.
                            That's it!!! You're making me look bad here! IDK, well weigh it see but I swear mine was much heavier than that. I still have to take out the evap. on my friends integra, I'll see how much that weighs

Comment

well, ill give you benefit of the doubt and round it to 5lbs,
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X