Problems with 92 Accord Ex A/T tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with 92 Accord Ex A/T tranny

So before everyone and their mom tells me to use the search feature.....believe me, I already did.....and I found no answers to the problems I have been having. Basically whats wrong is the D4 light blinks constantly, weather or not the car is running. When I go to drive it, it doesn't shift, or downshift to say the least. I checked the fluid level on it time and time again, and it's at the exact level. As a matter of fact, the fluid was just changed on it. I had no problem like this before with the tranny....it has been just recently...can anyone help me out with this matter ....I know for sure it's not the speed sensor because the speedo works.....any help greatly appreciated! Thanks mucho.
    1991 Honda Accord Ex
    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
    Totoro Squad #2

I believe that you can pull the codes out of the TCU, but I'm not sure how to do it. My recommendation would be to get the codes out of it and go from there. Could be a solenoid or a sensor or something like that. Good luck!
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

well man if u searched then u were gona know that u should get the tcm code first.
      then take it from there.
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

jump the connector to check for the engine computer codes, then count the d4 flashes and post back.
        Seattle Silver crew #5
        Member of the Midwest Car Club.
        ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

I finally found out what was going on after about 4 hours of research last night......I jumped the connector and it flashed a code 7 and 8 and 14......I had the most trouble actually finding the troubleshooting codes for it...but when I did...it turned out being the shift cylanoids....damn, such drama for so little part. Now the code 14 had to do with something in the P14 ecu....maybe a short or something (or so the code says), so I put my P13 in and the code went away. The F20B swap is finally done, and my friend and I are fixing everything on the car that is throwing codes....of course the auto tranny is first for shifting purposes, then the CEL (#12 which is the EGR valve....i dunno whats going on with that) and finally the ABS system(#1 pump motor over run & 42 left front wheel sensor), but thanks for the help everyone, hopefully I will be able to find the cylanoids at a junk yard or something, because they're expensive at the dealer!
          1991 Honda Accord Ex
          Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

Road Race #1
          Totoro Squad #2

Comment

I had the same problem last year, moisture had gotten into tranny computer, there was aplug behind (actually underneathe it) that was plugged, water got into it and shortened some circuits, once i plugged thehole and put new computer in, no more problems.
            BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

[QUOTE=doughboy415]there was a plug behind (actually underneathe it) that was pluggedQUOTE]

A plug that was plugged that was letting moisture come in....huh??? Was the TCU blinking the D4 light??? I opened the TCU up and everything looked fine as far as I could see, I examined it for about an hour lol! I tried a used set of shift cylanoids that worked fine in this dude's 91 Lx....I know the 90-91's had sport shift, this is a 92, and it was the same....would not having the sport tranny have something to do with it?? I wonder if the part numbers are different between the 91-92....someone enlighten me!
              1991 Honda Accord Ex
              Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
              Totoro Squad #2

Comment

oops, it should have said, there was some kind of hole underneathe the ecu, that wasn't plugged shut. When I turned the key on the d4 light would come on and blink, or it would run fine and then all of a sudden it was like the car just down shifted, it started out only on rainy or real humid days, then eventually did it constantly, like I said I got a tranny computer from junk yard and haven't had any problems since.

Comment

I tried difeerent solenoids and everything nothing worked, I bet water/moisture is the culprit, try this disconnect ground wire for 30sec reattach it so computer will reset and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                  X