Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your Forbidden short throw set to???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats your Forbidden short throw set to???

I had a 92-96 prelude shifter in my car. I put a forbidden shortthrow in the other day. There is 3 holes in it to chose from. Highest is shortest throws...
    I set mine on the top hole, and the throws are damn short... I was reading that people say put it in the middle hole with cb7. I guess tomorrow i'm going to try the middle setting and see how it feels. Just curious as to what everyone here has their Forbidden shifter set to?
    Thanks
    12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
    11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
    F22a1
    60-1 td06h turbo
    Darton mid sleeves
    85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
    Crower pro billet rods
    Custom ported head.
    KMS valves
    F23 headgasket
    ARP H23 headstuds
    H23 upper intake manifold
    F22a6 lower intake manifold
    Intake manifold is gutted
    AEM EMS 1040u
    FIC 850cc injectors
    Walbro 255 pump
    H23 manual trans
    Prelude shifter assembly
    Forbidden short throw
    Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

mine is set to the middle hole.. just because its perfect reach for my fingers with my hand on the shifter and in fifth to mess with the radio buttons...

ive been meaning to switch it up but im so fawking lazy...

Comment

I actually have mine on the highest setting but i also flip-flopped it so that it sits lower and it feels similar to the middle setting.
      "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get one of these for my CB? I have a BB4 shift assy....does it fit under the console??
        1991 Honda Accord Ex
        Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
        Totoro Squad #2

Comment

yO man.. as much as i love ya and your cars.. you gotta search sometimes.. im sure that the forbidden or 4bidden is mentioned many times on this site..

also theres even a DIY on the install with the flip flop of the bucket and shifter plate on this site..

but off the top of my head the site is www.forbiddenmotorsports.com? seems too long ill brb with the link

here is a direct link man.. do some searches and help us all out by making good examples for others..

http://www.forbiddenmotorsports.com/...ar=9296prelude

Comment

anyone else?
            12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
            11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
            F22a1
            60-1 td06h turbo
            Darton mid sleeves
            85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
            Crower pro billet rods
            Custom ported head.
            KMS valves
            F23 headgasket
            ARP H23 headstuds
            H23 upper intake manifold
            F22a6 lower intake manifold
            Intake manifold is gutted
            AEM EMS 1040u
            FIC 850cc injectors
            Walbro 255 pump
            H23 manual trans
            Prelude shifter assembly
            Forbidden short throw
            Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

welp.. just changed mine to the shortest setting.. pretty dayam short i got to tell ya.. makes shifting abit harder cause it DOES add more stress on the cables.. but if you just change it to the short for race day and back the middle for DD then youll be save.. shit its less than 5 mins to change the setting basically.

Comment

I've got mine set to the highest possible, to high maybe
                I've been meaning to change it to the lowest. Well, imma try it soon...
                and you knoow when that is................

WHEN I GET A STiCK SHiFT hahahahahahahaha

Sorry guys, im just bored.
                and i wanted to join ya stick shift conversation.

140hp Aint Shit on A Heavy Ass Car!

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
                  yO man.. as much as i love ya and your cars.. you gotta search sometimes.. im sure that the forbidden or 4bidden is mentioned many times on this site..

also theres even a DIY on the install with the flip flop of the bucket and shifter plate on this site..

but off the top of my head the site is www.forbiddenmotorsports.com? seems too long ill brb with the link

here is a direct link man.. do some searches and help us all out by making good examples for others..

http://www.forbiddenmotorsports.com/...ar=9296prelude
                  Thanks man! Yeah, I forgot to use the search this time....lol
                  1991 Honda Accord Ex
                  Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                  Totoro Squad #2

Comment

I have a question. Did you guys buy the 5th gen ACCORD ones off that site, or the 92-96 PRELUDE ones off that site? And for either, I hear that you need to trim the console down alot to make it fit. Is this true? If I use a prelude shift plate (which means I'll have to get the 92-96 Prelude Short shifter right?) , will I need to trim the console? I heard with the 92-96 prelude plate, the Accord shift cables come up short. Is that true? So I will have to change my shift cables to 92-96 Prelude cables?

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                      I have a question. Did you guys buy the 5th gen ACCORD ones off that site, or the 92-96 PRELUDE ones off that site? And for either, I hear that you need to trim the console down alot to make it fit. Is this true? If I use a prelude shift plate (which means I'll have to get the 92-96 Prelude Short shifter right?) , will I need to trim the console? I heard with the 92-96 prelude plate, the Accord shift cables come up short. Is that true? So I will have to change my shift cables to 92-96 Prelude cables?

Bump this question up.
                      FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

bump, can anyone just verify that a Prelude shift plate bolts right into our chassis with no problems attaching the cables?

Comment

bump, does the prelude shift plate stop the 4bidden SS from hittin the console? And can I use stock cb cables with a prelude shift plate?

Comment

I'm running the prelude shifter (92-96) with a nuespeed short shifter on the stock accord cables right now. Works great. 1st is a bit tough when the car is cold, but once warmed up I've got no problems. L8r
                            Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                            01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                              no need to trim shit, no need to use anything other than the accord plates and base, no need to do anything but buy 4 3" bolts/nuts and the lude 4bidden shifter

if you're told anything else then you're being lied to
                              Exactly. You can hammer out the actual surrounding area where everything sits in if you decide to flip flop the bucket in order for things to sit deeper (purely optional and not neccessary). This will help the bucket sit even lower when flip flopped. I have been able to fit roughly 3 nuts in between the bucket and the plate on each bolt and haven't had any problems being at the heighest setting on the shifter. No rubbing, no grinding, no problems.
                              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Working...
                              X