Lsd Tranny Question!!! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lsd Tranny Question!!! :(

hey guys i juss got my settlment from the insurance company for $6,000....time for my goodies....but i donno if i wanna do the H22A i kinda wanna get the H22A-S but i donno if the lsd tranny will work with the 91 lx? anyone know or know where i can go to get my question answered? thanks alot

ebay sells the obx lsd for 400 bucks...it should work with all 90-93 trannies..

Comment

euro R man!
      1991 Honda Accord Ex
      Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
      Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
        ebay sells the obx lsd for 400 bucks...it should work with all 90-93 trannies..
        Hmmmnnnnn.
        LSD's do break when overpowered.
        OBX parts will break when misused (or they just break).
        OBX LSD will break due to high power.

Not a good idea. Get the Quaife it has a great warranty and it has a bulletproof reputation.

Comment

i say get the regular JDM H22. i raced my friend with the same setup. H22 in 93 accord 2 doors and he has LSD. i pulled on him from a stop! If your looking for straight line i would go with non LSD. robs a lil bit of power. But if you are getting into like autocross then go with LSD. you will pull through the corners faster. now people will probably disagree with me but that is what i think.
          now dont get me wrong the Euro R motor is nice.
          as for OBX i have heard good things but i wont touch them after hearing about their H22 valve covers not fitting right. but like i said thats just me.
          Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
          can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

Comment

Originally posted by 93ACCLUDE
            i say get the regular JDM H22. i raced my friend with the same setup. H22 in 93 accord 2 doors and he has LSD. i pulled on him from a stop! If your looking for straight line i would go with non LSD. robs a lil bit of power. But if you are getting into like autocross then go with LSD. you will pull through the corners faster. now people will probably disagree with me but that is what i think.
            now dont get me wrong the Euro R motor is nice.
            as for OBX i have heard good things but i wont touch them after hearing about their H22 valve covers not fitting right. but like i said thats just me.
            High Power Honda
            Non LSD = Peg Leg honda
            LSD = Two wheel hooks faster than one Honda.

Verdict, LSDs assist greatly in acceleration. Its an excellent modification and I would not sleep on those. Other factors may have caused you to win, but it damn sure was not the LSD.

P.S. You sure knew people were going to disagree with you. That's cool and all as long as you know the other side of the arguement.

Comment

alright thanks alot guys.....and do you know what i have to move ot fit a cold air cuz theres absolutley no room under my hood....do i hae to move the battery?????????

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                High Power Honda
                Non LSD = Peg Leg honda
                LSD = Two wheel hooks faster than one Honda.

Verdict, LSDs assist greatly in acceleration. Its an excellent modification and I would not sleep on those. Other factors may have caused you to win, but it damn sure was not the LSD.

P.S. You sure knew people were going to disagree with you. That's cool and all as long as you know the other side of the arguement.
                Yeah its kinda wierd cuz i know for a fact that i dont have LSD and both of my wheels spin evenly. usually a non LSD would just spin one side but oh well. I also know that LSD will keep you from spinning too. if i could have LSD, i would take it. but i wont go pay for it. maybe if i had like 300HP to the wheels it would be a different story. then i would go buy one.
                i know the other side of the arguement but its always personal preference.
                I like LSD just not for me i guess.
                Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
                can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                  Hmmmnnnnn.
                  LSD's do break when overpowered.
                  OBX parts will break when misused (or they just break).
                  OBX LSD will break due to high power.

Not a good idea. Get the Quaife it has a great warranty and it has a bulletproof reputation.
                  Actually the OBX LSD has a lifetime warrenty if I remember correctly. I am still doing hw on the differences as I am sure they are there other than just the name.
                  "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

nothing beats OEM stuff.....im all about aftermarket stuff don't get me wrong....but, everything just turns out running much better with factory components.....
                    1991 Honda Accord Ex
                    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                    Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Working...
                    X