help won't start have tried everything I can think of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help won't start have tried everything I can think of

was drive home and the gages went to 0 then back to 65, then 5 mins later it died. its not getting spark tried main relay 3 different ones, coil , jumped ignition switch. but no spark i think its the ecu because when you turn the switch on the lights don't come on, plus it won't show codes. any help would be great thanks 91 accord f22a1 auto

Might just be. Does the fuel pump come on at all? If not then you have some ecu issues.

Comment

its getting fuel

Comment

battery fuse?

Comment

check all fuses,
          it crank just fine just no spark

Comment

Then rule out ecu.

Comment

how does that rule out ecu?

Comment

If you're absolutley sure that all fuses are good under the hood and under the dash then it just may be the ECU. Test the distributor sensor wires to make sure they are not the cause of the problem. Test for voltage at the coil. Test the coil resistance. If that checks out, then you probably have a bad ECU.

My Accord History:
                91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

you said it cranks over ...take distro cap off and check to see if the cam is spining it sounds as if it could be timing belt ....thats how mine went out ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Good suggestion. But usually timing belts don't just break when they're sitting there

My Accord History:
                    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

You said the gauges were acting funny? Check your ignition switch.
                      ProjectParty.net
                      Putting an end to the question, "What's going on tonight?"

"This generation has this universal sense of failure" - Kurt D. Cobain

CLUB 1320

My FOR SALE thread...buy my ish

Comment

just fix it, did some checks on wires
                        it was the ignition switch put a new one in and it fire right up!
                        thanks! for all your ideas

Comment

guys can u help me?

i did the tube seals, valve adjustment and now the car won't star.t it was okay but i guess i left the car sitting for 3 days or so w/o startup. i can feel the engine turn over but it just won't start up.

it has electric, lights on, just won't start up. im guessing starter? i don't have much money right now to do resistance test, but could plug wire cables mess it up? thanks.

new ngk vpower too!
                          hahahahah

Comment

thats crazy, i have the same car (91 dx auto) except i have the B1 in it and i have no spark either, i tested the coil, replaced the ignition control module and still no spark. i see that you said you replaced the ignition switch and it fixed it??? that could cause no spark???
                            CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Originally posted by sr19
                              how does that rule out ecu?
                              I never checked this thread back but to reply. If your ecu has gone bad, fuel would not come up, nor will the check engine light flash on and off.

Originally posted by Raceboy
                              thats crazy, i have the same car (91 dx auto) except i have the B1 in it and i have no spark either, i tested the coil, replaced the ignition control module and still no spark. i see that you said you replaced the ignition switch and it fixed it??? that could cause no spark???
                              It very well can cause no spark.
                              Last edited by KillerCam282; 08-23-2005, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X