6th gen accord problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6th gen accord problem

My mom and step dad left for work this morning, and she called and said the car was fucking up again...so i said to turn around and leave it here!

She said that they got in the car and the lights were dim. Then were drove 1/4 mile down the road and the ABS light came on, with the dash lights and stuff still dim, thats when i told them to bring it home.

And on their way home(around the corner from the house) they said the car completely shut off, and they coasted into the driveway.

I have an idea on what it might be, but i figured i would ask you guys to get more opinions. What do you think the problem is?

thanks in advanced

Either some type of short or some alternator issues.

Comment

check the battery cables to make sure they are connected tightly and there is no acid around them causing them to not be touching the batter correctly, after that if it is still doing it try jump starting it and leave the car on for a while and if u want to turn on the lights and drive around the block (not to far from your house) and if the car dies then it should be the alternator is not charging the battery like it should be when the cars not on....so then i would try getting a new alternator and a new battery just to be safe! and if still dont worl, i have no clue...and maybe someone else here can help u solve your problems...

Comment

alright, yea when i get home from work....ill do that, ill check out the battery terminals, then the alternator! if that doesnt work...ill be back!

thanks guys

Comment

Alternator.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

If its a V6 then it needs an alternator. Those Delphi alternators in the V6 6th gens go out all the time, very common.
            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

I don't know where you live, but it is possible that it is just the battery. Average life span for a battery of any kind in my hometown is about 2 years (very hot).

It is very easy to test though.

Measure the voltage across the battery terminals with the car off. Should be about 12.3-12.5 VDC. Then start the car. If the voltage comes up to 14.1 or so volts, it is probably the battery. As a last resort, you can take the car to some place and have them test the alternator. I am skeptical of Autozone, because they recently tested my friends and it was "bad." He retested somewhere else and it was fine. The voltage came up to where it should have been.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Frickin using domestic Delphi parts.....Japanese are superior when it comes to electronics. I'd say Germans are 2nd. Why can't we build shit right? Pisses me off, I see it all the time at work...half-assers. All about being cheap & fast, like a whore off the street I tell ya!
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                  Frickin using domestic Delphi parts.....Japanese are superior when it comes to electronics. I'd say Germans are 2nd. Why can't we build shit right? Pisses me off, I see it all the time at work...half-assers. All about being cheap & fast, like a whore off the street I tell ya!
                  Yep, I know it. The 6th gen V6 is the only one to use those crappy Delphi alternators....and they are only good for about 75K and thats it. The Densos in all the other Hondas work great...and seem to last about as long as the car itself.
                  00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

i agree with the alternator suggestion.
                    FA1

Comment

well i found out last night that it is definately the alternator! i also found out that there is a draw on the battery, so there might be something small that is wrong as well as the alternator!

I had a neigbor bring up the gadget they use to test the voltage, and he said it was slightly under 12. So im gonna replace the alternator this weekend which shouldnt be too bad!

thanks for your help guys!

Comment

perhaps you can replace it with a different manufacturer of better quality
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                        X