Radiator Hoses replacement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator Hoses replacement!

Ok i found out that my car is leakin alot of fluid from under the car, i believe its the Radiator Hoses cause my car overheated this morning on me, so can some post something on how to replace the hose and where its located on the bottom of the car.. thanks it would mean alot..

you should be able to get to the clamp if you removed your main fan.....its not hard to do at all.....ita sbout a 20 min job to replace everything, so no worries......you might wanna have the water pump checked out too....where abouts is your car leaking from underneath?? There could be many hoses that need replacement....
    1991 Honda Accord Ex
    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
    Totoro Squad #2

Comment

I just did this (and more ...). Raise the front and remove the lower valance panel. You'll need a 10mm socket, and there are likely a few plastic retainers to pop out --- the kind where you pry out the center with a flatblade screwdriver and that allows the retainer to come out. Easier to do than to describe.

Anyway, when that lower plastic valance is removed you'll have access to the bottom of the radiator (from beneath the car of course).

You should see the bottom hose and its clamp. To verify a leak there dry it off and run the car until hot and check for a leak there if it isn't already obvious.

You'll be able to get to the clamp in this way without removing the radiator fan --- maybe --- but you'll still need to reach from the top to remove and re-install the new hose, so it might be better to just take the fan out as already stated.

However, take the valance panel off anyway. It's easy to do and will help determine if the hose is really leaking.

If you can, retain the OEM hose clamp if it's still in use --- they don't go bad. I know those pinch clamps are a bitch but they are more reliable than the usual screw-adjust clamps because there's zero guesswork as to how much to tighten, etc.

Don't forget to empty out the coolant first! You'll see the drain plug in the middle of the radiator when you're down there. Note that when you take out the drain plug it has a small O-ring. Get a new one from the dealer or an auto-parts store! The O-ring, not brute-force tightening, seals the drain plug.

Finally, don't forget to bleed the cooling system properly before driving off or you'll be sorry.
      Last edited by deckeda; 08-26-2005, 07:37 PM.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Ok i found out that the leak was not coming from the Radiator Hose, its coming from the right side of the engine right under the time belt, is this the Water Pump, and can someone tell me the location of the water pump? Also the steps of taking the water pump off. Thanks it would really mean alot..

Comment

Originally posted by 90AccordBoi
          Ok i found out that the leak was not coming from the Radiator Hose, its coming from the right side of the engine right under the time belt, is this the Water Pump, and can someone tell me the location of the water pump? Also the steps of taking the water pump off. Thanks it would really mean alot..
          Yup....thats definately your waterpump......which is located right where the timing belt is......when you fix it, i would use a manual, becausethere are too many instructions to follow while doing so.....basically the timing belt and balancer belt need to come off....its a hard job..
          1991 Honda Accord Ex
          Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
          Totoro Squad #2

Comment

so it was leaking from the timing cover and you thought it was your hoses.. good job..

Comment

Working...
            X