Engine Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Mounts

My mechanic friend is having problems with the rear engine mount. He tried to install it from under the engine toward the back, but it doesn't want to go in. It took two days to take the broken mount out the back. is there an easier way to get the mount in? The car is sitting and cannot be moved. Just give some steps on how to install the rear engine mount.

Thanks, Peace.

~DirtySouthHonda

remove the intake manifold.

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
      remove the intake manifold.
      That's one way.
      Couple more ways:
      If the car has ABS then you can also remove the passenger axle to make the install eaiser. If the car does not have ABS Then I think you can remove the intake tube and installthe mount through there.
      Last edited by pwrusr; 09-05-2005, 12:08 PM.
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

I always go through the bottom. Remove the driver side axle, intake manifold lower support, and then just snake the old one out and the new one in.
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

mine was a BITCH to get out. You HAVE to remove the driver-side axle and intermediate shaft (if you have one). then the intake manifold support bar, the oil filter, the oil cooler (if you have one), and the engine mount stay bracket.

Getting it in is actually easier than taking it out. you put it up there top of the mount first...get it behind the bracket, then twist and turn it until it goes in. if you're desperate, then you can remove the entire intake manifold but that creates even more work... if you search, i posted a bulletin somewhere on here that has official honda instructions on how to do it that might help.

Comment

Working...
          X