Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad can a bad O2 sensor affect performance???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• micksf22accord
    replied
    Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
    i'm surprised you didn't know that, or your buddies from Dynamic Performance couldn't help you. an O2 sensor, is highly essential in making a car run its best. why do you think tuners prefer the wideband O2 when dynotuning.. coz it helps obtain a proper air/fuel ratio for optimal performance gains.
    umm yeah shawnee? you smokin somethin? i want some!!

lol shawnee you build motors i know you know this shit jus slip your mind?

Leave a comment:

• Clueless
    replied
    Originally posted by FishyMan
    how can u tell when its crap? is there a time table in replacing?

my car has 85k and i dont think the o2 was ever changed..

thanks.
    I have 208,000miles and mine is fine, as far as I know it's never been changed.

Leave a comment:

• FishyMan
    replied
    how can u tell when its crap? is there a time table in replacing?

my car has 85k and i dont think the o2 was ever changed..

thanks.

Leave a comment:

• homegrown_xt
    replied
    Originally posted by LXaccord92
    It can also mess up your catalytic converter by running rich too.

Leave a comment:

• PRIMOCB7
    replied
    Originally posted by LXaccord92

i'm surprised you didn't know that, or your buddies from Dynamic Performance couldn't help you. an O2 sensor, is highly essential in making a car run its best. why do you think tuners prefer the wideband O2 when dynotuning.. coz it helps obtain a proper air/fuel ratio for optimal performance gains.

Leave a comment:

• xaxis360
    replied
    A ServiceNews from Honda says that a "lazy" O2 sensor can cause hesitation during light acceleration. I replaced mine and I noticed an improvement. All I hear about Bosch is BAD BAD BAD!! I would buy OEM...

Leave a comment:

• HondaFan81
    replied
    My dad's 90 EX 5spd had the 02 sensor go out. Gas mileage when down to like 26 mpg on the highway, now that it's fixed it gets 33-35 mpg.

Sluggish acceleration, sometimes it'd hesitate. I first replaced the 02 sensor with a Bosch OEM type (~$65) and that went bad in 3 weeks. I then replaced with Honda OEM - NGK sensor (~$150) and it's been fine since. It's been running fine for about 10,000 miles or 5 months.

If you go OEM www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Leave a comment:

• SMseagren83
    replied
    thats weird...my car never smelled like gas i had that thing unplugged for 2 months! limp mode? nope.....thats interesting.....
    -Sean

Leave a comment:

• TÜNE.FREE
    replied
    not till i buy my new header and 02 sensor...
    lol..

Leave a comment:

• starchland
    replied
    it can affect it pretty badly, i had a failing o2 sensor, everytime i went more than 50% throttle, it basically choked the engine.

Leave a comment:

• Clueless
    replied
    anyway to ghetto rig it back together?

Leave a comment:

• TÜNE.FREE
    replied
    well check this, i have a busted downpipe so i think it is getting to much air and reading lean, white smoke, this blows, now i dont wanna drive...

Leave a comment:

• h22sparkle
    replied
    Hey as far as an o2 sensor it will mess with your timing some and make youre car smell like straiht gas because the 02 doesnt know when to add more air or fuel so it goes into limp mode. Limp mode is the worse my boys civic sounds and smells like straight gas and his bumper is spittin black meaning rich get it fixed i bet his shit is drinking alot of gas for a 4 more like a 6

Leave a comment:

• Clueless
    replied
    Originally posted by SMseagren83
    eh, its not THAT bad, it definately makes ur car sluggish, moreso hinders your engines acceleration. baasically u run rich, and waste a lot of gas! lol i had no O2 sensor for 2 months, just cuz i was over at college and broke as fudge! LMAO! but id still drive 300 miles and only use 3/4 of a tank with no O2. now i can go 280 miles on ONLY half a tank!!!
    -Sean
    wow! 300 miles on 3/4th of a tank? I didn't think carbon fiber hoods help that much.

Leave a comment:

• SMseagren83
    replied
    eh, its not THAT bad, it definately makes ur car sluggish, moreso hinders your engines acceleration. baasically u run rich, and waste a lot of gas! lol i had no O2 sensor for 2 months, just cuz i was over at college and broke as fudge! LMAO! but id still drive 300 miles and only use 3/4 of a tank with no O2. now i can go 280 miles on ONLY half a tank!!!
    -Sean

Leave a comment:

Working...
X