Knock Sensor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knock Sensor??

1992 Accord LX just failed smog test because at 25 mph the knock sensor failed. What does this mean? is this really bad? is my car fixable? Please help!

WTF? There's no knock sensor on your car. O2 sensor perhaps?

Comment

REALLY!?!?!?! Shiiiit. what years and/or models have knock sensors?? Is the shop I went to trying to dick me by saying knock sensor? I'm so confused now! How many o2 sensors should my car have? I just bought it so I'm new to the 90-93 accords lx's. Sorry I'm so clueless!

Comment

as far as i know none of the F series motors sold in the US had them. Prelude VTEC models have them along with B series DOHC VTEC. Not sure about the V6 models.

Comment

I don't see how a knock sensor would cause you to fail an emissions test. I don't think your shop is tring to dick you rather they're probably a bunch of phucking morons.

There is only one O2 sensor on your car and no Knock Sensor.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

so i there a knock sensor on the f22b1 motors? if not that means there is only three wires to hook up instead of four correct?
            www.rms-usa.com

Comment

Originally posted by krakakru21
              so i there a knock sensor on the f22b1 motors? if not that means there is only three wires to hook up instead of four correct?
              correcto mundo...
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

i bet the shop said that you failed because your KNOX was TOO high.

That might be a possiblility? But if Your absolutly sure they said your knock sesnor is bad, then ruuunnnnnnn. Don't let them TOUCH your car!!!

If your knox are high, try getting a injector cleaner that takes care of carbon.

JMO
                Noobie my ASS.

Comment

knock sensor idiots!!! Well turns out the shop this bitch goes to are idiots and so is the lady I bought the car from.

The only reason the car failed smog was "egr clogged". They spent $278 at the shop to have it unclogged. HELLA dumb but PHUGGET. It is now passed and I own it for only $1500

They got

Comment

Working...
                  X