X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard to put into gear

since ive done my swap it has been hard to put it into gear. 5 speed

gears

yeah im just going to get my budy that works at honda to take a look at it.

Comment

is it hard to put in gear with the clutch in and the car off? What about when the engine is ideling and the car isn't moving and the clutch is in? Is it only certian gears? Is anyone one gear easy or smooth?

Let me know.
      2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
      JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
      My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

gears

well when the car is off it goes in to gear easy.but when it is on it is hard to put into first. i think all the other gears are easy to get in to but ihave to check on that.

Comment

fill and drain w/ synchromesh or honda MTF, mine works pretty well w/ a 50-50 of both.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by RidnLow
            well when the car is off it goes in to gear easy.but when it is on it is hard to put into first. i think all the other gears are easy to get in to but ihave to check on that.
            Mine is the exact same way easy in all gears except first but its even worse when going from second to first you almost have to be at a complete stop, honestly I changed my fluid with honda mtf and it helped a good deal but its your clutch or a bad synchro.
            Last edited by TysCb7; 10-11-2005, 11:42 PM.
            My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

thats sounds a lot like a clutch problem since it only happens with the car on. if i were you, i WOULD NOT drive the car until it is fixed or you will toast the synchronizers among other things in that transmission. see if there is fluid leaking out of the master cylinder and the slave cylinder. Make sure the system has been bled thoroughly if you unhooked it during the engine swap. if all else fails, the clutch assembly inside the trans. may not be installed correctly, so you may have to drop the transmission and inspect it.

Comment

clutch

when i will try some of the suggestions yall have mad tomorrow and i will get back at you with the outcome. and where can i get some syncromesh at?

Comment

when i will try some of the suggestions yall have mad tomorrow and i will get back at you with the outcome. and where can i get some syncromesh at?
                  autozone or any auto parts store...it is named Pennzoil Synchromesh
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

annother thing you can do to test is to put the clutch in, turn the car on. put it in 1st. and slowly let out the clutch...if you don't have ANY period of time before the RPM start to drop, you have air in your clutch line and you need to bleed it. If bleeding it fixes the problem then YAY! =) If not, then I'd lean toward a sync since you dont have problems with the other gears. So...to try that idea, try double clutching.

To double clutch:
                    You're driving around and you want to go from 3 -> 4.
                    1) put clutch in
                    2) move shifter to Nutreal
                    3) take clutch out
                    4) put clutch in
                    5) move shifter to 4th
                    6) take clutch out.

You have to do all of that rather quickly, and I'm no expert I may be missing something, but for me I don't have enough time to do it. perhaps someone else can correct me. But i you double clutch correctly, then you're not using the syncs nearly as much.

Good luck.
                    2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                    JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                    My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

if you jack the front of the car up and put it in first with the clutch in... and the front wheels start moving... its the clutch btw

Comment

clutch

i put mtf in and bleed the system but it is still hard to put into all gears. could it possibly be the shift linkage or something that was hooked up wrong during the swap.

Comment

Working...
                        X