Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no spark through wires no start for engine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no spark through wires no start for engine!

this is going to be long but i need help please someone good please read this. was on my way up to new york half way up the engine just cut off like someone reached over and pulled out the key at about 70 mph. pulled over triied to start and it took it about 3 times to start. made it all the way up. did the same thing on the way home. today i was sitting in the drive thru when it just stalled out in neutral. i pushed it in a parking spot thought it would take one or two times to start but nothing for an hour. went to work thought it would start when i got there nothing. put a brand new dist. cap and rotor on. nothing .just cranking. got it to TDC to see if it had jumped time. it didnt. pulled the plug wires put some metal up to them and had no spark. a mechanic rolled up and helped me out started messin with some wires to my coil (internal) and he came to the conclusion that my coil was bad. so i got a new coil put it in and still wouild not start. and now im here. so if ANYONE was cool enough to read all the way through this THANK YOU and can you please give me some advice.... thanx..

sounds like the distributor to me, most of my cars that have had that problem ( all my cars were honda/acura ) i just replacd the whole distributor cause where i get them they come with the coil..... if you have a buddy with one swap with him before hand to make sure but if your getting no spark and have already replaced the coil and its internal then there is really only one thing left to change... i forget wich part in the distributor goes bad but it is common, if i wasnt so tired i would think a bit harder, but thats just my 2 cents.... good luck

My winter project on day 1 !!

BUY MY PARTS !!!
    Stock hood , front seats , body kit (will seperate)

Comment

when you replaced the coil do you get spark now? this maybe related to the main relay problem that all 4th gens are faced with. make sure to check that out and replace if necessary. but by the looks of things it may not be the relay at all. do you hear your in-tank fuel pump turn on as you turn on the ignition? any check engine lights?
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

the main relay switch i have replaced just like 2-3 months ago.. i havent checked to see if im getting spark after the coil changed i didnt have time.. but im sure its the same problem.. and is that part in the distributer your talking aboiut the INGITION IGNITOR or IGNITION MODULE

Comment

change the distributor
          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

that sucks advance charged me $77 for that coil so you definatly think just a new dist. and thats it?

Comment

Originally posted by busychild0
              that sucks advance charged me $77 for that coil so you definatly think just a new dist. and thats it?
              if it still doesn't start w/ the new coil, its got to be the distributor.
              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

alright hey i appretiate it man thanx a lot i found a brand new distributer on ebay o.e.m. for $95 i'll just take back the coil say i never installed it they are dumb enough over there to take it back.

Comment

this is what i got and it sucks cuase i just bought the cap and rotor so now i guess i have a spare.

Comment

yes ignitrer is what i was thinking of, sorry long day yesterday... let us know if it works..

My winter project on day 1 !!

BUY MY PARTS !!!
                    Stock hood , front seats , body kit (will seperate)

Comment

Fuck!!!you got a bran new dizzy for 95?shit i paid 230 for mine at advance auto!!!

O,and just return the coil, they wont say shit.

ILBB
                      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

distributor for 95 wow I payed 300+ installed at the dealer, dam them.......

let us know if it fixed the problem

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

yeah $95 + $30 for 2nd day shipping its from a company in N.J. family business. they deal on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-D...QQcmdZViewItem check them out i ordered it last night and they shipped it last night some how i dont know... but it will be here tomarrow.. sweet huh.. and its factory O.e.m. i think the brand is Tec. just as it came from honda...

Comment

Originally posted by busychild0
                            yeah $95 + $30 for 2nd day shipping its from a company in N.J. family business. they deal on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-D...QQcmdZViewItem check them out i ordered it last night and they shipped it last night some how i dont know... but it will be here tomarrow.. sweet huh.. and its factory O.e.m. i think the brand is Tec. just as it came from honda...
                            dude right now you are making me wanna rip the hair out of my skull,i got my dizzy last week.I could of of saved $100!!!
                            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

haha sorry dude... anyone have any good tips on installin this mutha.. i know the basics. get to TDC. mark it pull the shit out then put the shit back in, in the right position...

Comment

Working...
                              X