Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removing power steering belt section on pulley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing power steering belt section on pulley?

I spent about 3 or 4 days without power steering, and now it's not working too well. It'll start working when it wants to, which I'm thinking is a pretty big safty hazard, and when it is working, I don't really see the convenience in it anymore, it's not too hard to not have it. So, I'm thinking screw it, the thing's been screwing up for a minute, I could stand to loose some weight and some drag on the engine. So, if there's no power steering, why should there be a section for it on the pulley? It's just added weight, I'm sure the weight couldn't do much for dampening, and the rubber dampener is in the accessory belt section, so that wouldn't get touched... so... would it be possible to get that section of the pulley machined off, and would it be worth it?

Are you wanting to remove your power steering pump and any associated stuff for power steering, or just get a smaller belt that bypasses the pump, or?

Also, dampening means to make it damp (i.e. moist), the act of making something slightly wet.

Similarly, a dampener is a moistener, a device that dampens or moistens something.

If you ditch the "en" in each I think you'll have it.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

It's dead weight, I'd be taking out the pump, fluid resivior, and hoses. Either way there wouldn't be a belt on that section of the pulley, so 1/2 the pulley would be useless. And yeah, damper.

Comment

a friend of mine grinded off the ps part of his b16 pulley a while back.. youre not gonna see a difference, itll just be gone..

Comment

Working...
        X