Grinding on 1-2 shift???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinding on 1-2 shift???

My 2nd gear grinds on upshifts from 1st unless I absolutely baby it into it...i.e., if I shift from 1st at redline it's basically a guaranteed grind unless I let the engine slow down to match the revs in 2nd. I have no problems going from a higher gear to 2nd, although I haven't tried downshifting at speed...but basically the 1-2 shift is a pain. I might be lifting off the clutch too early at times, but I highly doubt that's the case EVERY time...lemme know what you think it is...I have to change my clutch soon so I might just get a tranny (there's a junker CB in my old neighborhood..)...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

sounds like a synchro to me...

i got the same thing first to second gear grinds...

it sucks

Comment

same thing mine does...doesn't grind so much, is just sticks, and doesn't want to go into gear...i want my H22 now...

Comment

my does it too. I would take a wild guess and say its the speed gear (same thing as the synchro). It tends to go out after many many many miles of not rev matching. I now rev match on every down shift to save my tranny until I can my h22 in.
        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
        registration is free

Comment

You rev match on downshifts too??? Damn...

Once I get my new clutch, I won't really care as I'll be comfortable starting in 2nd, but it'll be damn near impossible to get into the 15s when I have to baby my 1-2 shift...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
            You rev match on downshifts too??? Damn...

Once I get my new clutch, I won't really care as I'll be comfortable starting in 2nd, but it'll be damn near impossible to get into the 15s when I have to baby my 1-2 shift...
            I ran 16.7 babing my tranny at the track.... I finally said fuck it and started slamming it into second and to my suprise no grind. I'm down to 16.2 now and if I could ever get any traction for the launch I'll be into the 15s. Yeah I heel toe on the downshift.... My car lets me know if I do it right lol. I grinds if I rev it wrong so I'm learning pretty fast. Its pretty fun too. You get these weird stares case your slowing down even tho the engine keeps revving.
            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
            registration is free

Comment

change the trany fluid, try using 20w-50 it might help

Comment

yea, mine is really hard to put into gear as well.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                  My 2nd gear grinds on upshifts from 1st unless I absolutely baby it into it...i.e., if I shift from 1st at redline it's basically a guaranteed grind unless I let the engine slow down to match the revs in 2nd. I have no problems going from a higher gear to 2nd, although I haven't tried downshifting at speed...but basically the 1-2 shift is a pain. I might be lifting off the clutch too early at times, but I highly doubt that's the case EVERY time...lemme know what you think it is...I have to change my clutch soon so I might just get a tranny (there's a junker CB in my old neighborhood..)...

mine did it... it did it so bad when i was beating on it that sometimes it wouldnt even go into gear... so i rebuilt the tranny and put new syncros in it (gear-speed.com) and put a phantom grip in there... it seems to be alot better now... good luck.

Comment

my auto grinds to i beleive well see when i change the fuild if we got shaving again or not...

Comment

I had that too, I changed my tranny fluid to GM SYncromesh and had my clutch adjusted a bit and holy its like new now
                      what do you call 2 lebs in an accord?

Organized Crime

Comment

Its your clutch, mine does the same.
                        My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

It's a little better now...it mainly happens when I'm coming into 2nd at above 3k, or basically a redline shift, and I try to shift it fast...if I baby it in and wait for the revs to match it's not a problem. It really feels like the clutch isn't fully disengaging, which might be feasible if that is a symptom of a dead clutch. I can't wait to see the friction plate...it's gonna be fucking bare. I'll def. take pics.

Comment

Working...
                          X