Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake light indicator light comes on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake light indicator light comes on....

Does anyone out there know why the brakelight indicator keeps comming on, the plugs in the trunk are good all bulbs replaced and working, wireing is good and the sockets themselves look good. Everytime I fix a problem with this it goes off for a while but then eventually returns, any ideas???

brake fluid??!!
    hahahahah

Comment

i was thinking the same thing. also, are you including the 'third' brake light in your brake light checkout. i had the same prob a wee bit ago and replaced the center brake light bulb and i haven't seen the dash light come back on.
      If you're gonna go, go with a smile!
      Current vehicles: 2006 Pacifica Touring Inferno Red (the Wife's) - 30k
      1993 Accord EX - optima 'red top' battery, magnaflow exhaust, tinted windows - My $500 ride w/ 217k miles
      2004 Suzuki GSXR750 - Racetech sus f/r. Dunlop Qualifiers. clear Puig DB screen. my drug - 7500 miles

Comment

Check the bottom of the actual bulb. Is one of the two nubs (dont know what they are called) melted? This happened to me tonight. If one of the nubs are melted then you don't have a proper connection. My brake light indicator has been doing this for a while. I just used aluminum foil to make a connection between the bulb and the housing. J
        Taking over the world one drift at a time!

Comment

Working...
        X